Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any Recon Jet users left out there?
Quote | Reply
I know intel ended development or closed the division or whatever. What a waste. But regardless, curious if anybody still uses theirs?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Any Recon Jet users left out there? [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still have and use mine occasionally, but 95% of the time for running with Stryd so I can pace intervals.

For cycling, they're just ok. Poor battery life, partially blocked peripheral vision, finnicky electrical connections, and zero support made me mostly shelf them though.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Recon Jet users left out there? [Newduguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the battery life like?
I'm toying with the idea of getting a set to play around with and use while I wait for a sale of the 935. Fenix 5 and 735 don't have quick release mounts like the 920. I use my watch for everything rather than have a dedicated 510 or 520 unit on the bike.

I thought battery life was like 4 hours?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Battery life is anywhere between 2.5-3ish hours. You can, however, run a thin and light USB cable from a lipstick charger (3000mAh) to extend to 6 hours or so.

I wouldn't buy them unless you can find them for $100 or less, in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Newduguy wrote:
Battery life is anywhere between 2.5-3ish hours. You can, however, run a thin and light USB cable from a lipstick charger (3000mAh) to extend to 6 hours or so.

I wouldn't buy them unless you can find them for $100 or less, in my opinion.

Right on the money. Bluetooth HR?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, Polar H7 worked really well. I also tried three different power meters, several HRMs, and a few speed and cadence sensors and it works pretty ok with any assortment of them.

You really have to be diligent about keeping the copper contacts between the battery and glasses (and the recon unit and glasses) clean because any wiggle will cause the jet to lose power and you have to restart the activity. That's my main beef with it right now.

But for me, I'm only using it as a display. My main computer and watch log data for training since they're much more reliable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent!
Quote Reply