Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cam Dye hanging it up.
Quote | Reply
Good friend and great guy is retiring from the sport. Thanks for a bunch of damn fine races and inspiring performances.

https://www.innervoice.life/...BfGLgO6DvRdWXvn3lx_E

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Dye hanging it up. [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems odd to me, he's coming into the prime age for most long-course triathletes. It probably harder and harder to make money in the sport since that top end has become so incredibly fast.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Dye hanging it up. [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
Seems odd to me, he's coming into the prime age for most long-course triathletes. It probably harder and harder to make money in the sport since that top end has become so incredibly fast.

Some athletes just don't like or want to go long as they feel it isn't the same type of racing. Cam may fall into that bucket.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I met and talked with him at many races over the past few years....Philly, Des Moines, South Beach, St. Anthonys. Always appeared to be a real "one of the good guys".....wish him the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:

I think he was always very clear about having no desire to go long, I respect him for it, especially for taking through the end of his triathlon career. I'm sure the NYC Tri and Ben (his only competition there...) will miss him

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer. I'll miss seeing him at St. Anthony's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best of luck to him. Welcome to the finance world, Cam!
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Dye hanging it up. [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the best to cam, I'm sad to see him go though. I loved everything he was about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:

I could be wrong but he had previously been vocal about zero interest in "going long". I feel he was a great olympic distance racer and as the run segment lengthened it just disadvantaged him too much. Credit to him for not playing into the pressure of having to go long to extend his career or play into what everyone wants/expects from the top tier of athletes.

Reminds me of something I think it was Cody Beals said in a podcast this year.

Someone asked him when he was going to "step up" to long course racing a couple years ago. Cody said that question bothered him because you can be dominant and very successful in short-course but the media's expectation is that to "prove yourself" or be at top of the sport you need to do long course racing.

Congrats Cam on a successful career athletically and professionally. I think he is a great example of how to build into the sport and continue intelligently going forward. Great to see he has planned out his next career step that should set him up well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That piece sets the bar for class in recapping an inspirational career. Says a lot about him as a person.

Thanks for the share, and all the best to Cam going forward.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He’s a stud and just an all around good person. Sad to see him go when he’s really entering into his prime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow, such a nice exit page! well said and beautiful photos..... always seemed a super good guy from the podcasts and interviews and this note resonated with that

best wishes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super ending for a great athlete. Congrats on the career and that farewell....Superb.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A race well run. Super guy and great triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:
Good friend and great guy is retiring from the sport. Thanks for a bunch of damn fine races and inspiring performances.

HOF material, no doubt.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Cam Dye hanging it up. [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A class athlete he always knew what he could do and what not , and made smart choices how to maximise his potential as a pro ,
not a surprise he mentioned greg benett in his post, as in many ways they were very similar in that apsect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:

That' an awesome way to go out - on his own terms. Fantastic Cam! His unique racing style earned many fans and we all cheer you on to what's next!

Cheers, John
Quote Reply