Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Syncros Saddles
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any luck with the Syncros saddles? Looking to get a more traditional saddle and came across a Scott bike with the Syncros on it. Looks narrow which I would need, just getting some input before i go try it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Syncros Saddles [Sharkbait22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have it on my Scott addict, which it came with. I absolutely love it. Very comfortable.

Ymmv.

Bilal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's a seatpost cover.

voted Most Likely to Come Off during 70% of my bike fits involving Scott bikes (former dealer)

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Syncros Saddles [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:
it's a seatpost cover.

voted Most Likely to Come Off during 70% of my bike fits involving Scott bikes (former dealer)

Hahaha, seatpost cover. That is a good one. I’m going to borrow this quote of you for my next Scott fit’s, because indeed most people don’t like them
Hijacking the thread, i do wonder why companies like cervelo and felt are still putting saddles on their tribikes. Why would you buy ism models that hardly ever chosen by customers and put the, on tri bikes......just sell the bike a little cheaper, no saddle and let the customer decide what he wants as a saddle through the fitter. Discussed this with Felt and Orbea quite recent and they thought i have gone mad. You should have seen how those guys looked at me even after explaining that they could use this as an sales tool with the proper explanation on their websites.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Syncros Saddles [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the same exact conversations with brands about not putting saddles on too! You're not mad! haha!

think "wapening cap" hahaa

I suggested to QR some years back to just not put cranks on the bikes at all - there was a time where you could choose which size crank to have on it when you ordered it. I said why put them on at all, esp if I'm putting a power meter on. They thought I was crazy.

ISM are pretty popular here, so they are a bonus to come on Cervelo for most people. But they aren't sturdy.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Scott Addict Gravel that came with the Syncros Tofino T-Cutout 2.0
It came off after 1 ride.
I still have it if you wanna try it
Quote Reply
Re: Syncros Saddles [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABarnes wrote:
I've had the same exact conversations with brands about not putting saddles on too! You're not mad! haha!

think "wapening cap" hahaa

I suggested to QR some years back to just not put cranks on the bikes at all - there was a time where you could choose which size crank to have on it when you ordered it. I said why put them on at all, esp if I'm putting a power meter on. They thought I was crazy.

ISM are pretty popular here, so they are a bonus to come on Cervelo for most people. But they aren't sturdy.

After my saddle discusions I don't even wanna go the path of discussing cranks.....
ISM saddles are also my number 1 selling brand but just not the models that come at Cervelo's or the Felt's. Those PS1.1 are hardly ever chosen during fit's. If they wanna put a saddle on it they should put on either PN1.1, 3.1., 3.0 or a PL1.1 (and perhaps PR2.0), but all the others can go :-).

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Syncros Saddles [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
ISM saddles are also my number 1 selling brand but just not the models that come at Cervelo's or the Felt's. Jeroen

True, the larger/heavier riders prefer the 30/40 level of pad, or the Narrow/Attack. But at least you can sell an ISM take-off saddle...

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply