Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aeria carbon aerobar extension stuck (Profile Design)
Quote | Reply
I actually called Profile Design and they suggested I google the answer.... my search has not yielded anything fruitful.

The left side carbon extension on the Aeria is extremely hard to loosen. Last time I destroyed the bar tape using a pair of channel locks and a towel. Is there a better way to loosen this thing? Strap wrench maybe? PB Blaster? I feel like I am not the only one to have this issue probably.
Last edited by: downtowndj: Oct 29, 18 9:25
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria carbon aerobar extension stuck (Profile Design) [downtowndj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi -

Check to see if you have overtightened the aerobar bracket in the past, or used a bolt that was too long for the aerobar height.

I have the Scott Plasma, which uses an aerobar based on the Aeria with a slight variation.

I recently used the incorrect length bolts for my desired stack height. The bolts penetrated the aerobar extensions (mine were aluminum, not carbon). This caused them to warp and not slide easily in the brackets. I had to discard the warped aerobar extension and replace it. It took me a long time to figure all that out!

DW
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria carbon aerobar extension stuck (Profile Design) [Dwoodside] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll check that out. As I understand it there is a metal piece in there that may be "welded" to the bar due to sweat corrosion etc (maybe over-tightening the wrong bolt, as you suggest).

Dwoodside wrote:
Hi -

Check to see if you have overtightened the aerobar bracket in the past, or used a bolt that was too long for the aerobar height.

I have the Scott Plasma, which uses an aerobar based on the Aeria with a slight variation.

I recently used the incorrect length bolts for my desired stack height. The bolts penetrated the aerobar extensions (mine were aluminum, not carbon). This caused them to warp and not slide easily in the brackets. I had to discard the warped aerobar extension and replace it. It took me a long time to figure all that out!

DW
Quote Reply
Re: Aeria carbon aerobar extension stuck (Profile Design) [downtowndj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WD-40 sprayed liberally, and then heat from a hair dryer or carefully from a heat gun.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Could you take a pic of your actual bar please?
Is the extension ally or carbon?
Quote Reply