Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another critique my fit thread...
Quote | Reply
HI all

So been thinking of going for a professional bike fit (last one was a while ago), and before I do wanted to see if the ST community pick up any obvious flaws. Background:
- Focus is full and half-IM;
- Completed 7 full IMs, including KQ (back door brag), but bike is not super strong. Typically ~15 min slower than FOP bikers in an IM.
- Last professional fit was 4+ years ago, since then I have just tinkered with my position to the one you see here.
- I'm 5'8, 150lbs
- P5 size 54, 620mm Stack, 477mm Reach (top / mid pad)

I'm currently pretty comfortable in this position for full IM, but would like to try eek out any aero / power gains I can find. Currently on 172.5mm cranks but may go shorter (although I don't *feel the current crank limits me at pedal top). Also thinking of raising hands a bit?

Fire away... (but excuse the wrinkles in my top - aero sins I know!)

Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my fit thread... [SAvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lots going on here... you look like I used to on my P5... there's just not a lot of adjustability with an Aduro front end. You look like you're about to slide off the front of the bike. Luckily there are hacks you can do.

I like where you're going with the reach, but you're not using it right. More reach, which you've got, should make your head and shoulders disappear into your body, called the "shrug, round, and turtle". Your head is still somewhat sticking up, although it's not nearly as bad as most.

Also, from the frontal perspective your shoulders are very wide. Football shoulder pads. Your shoulders should be touching your head, ie. the "shrug".

Something to help facilitate this would some tilt on your aerobar pads, and higher ski bends to get your hands a little higher. Also, and it's counter intuitive, but more drop will help you settle into the newly tilted front end better.

Finally, as you get lower you'll most definitely want to be on shorter cranks... I'd recommend 165mm as a maximum for you.

Hope this helps.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my fit thread... [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric - appreciate your expert input!

The Aduro is a pain for adjustments, having to cut and re-bleed brake cables etc.
I can currently go up to 25mm lower on the front end, but of course moving to 165mm cranks I would need raise the saddle ~7mm which will get me more drop. Perhaps I should start with that and then see if I need to adjust the front end to get lower?

Thinking I should also get some Zipp Evo 110s and some tilt on the arm pads. I also have a pair of Evo 70s but don't think they will raise my hands much over the ski bends.

Oh, and clearly need to work on my turtle.
Quote Reply