Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fall jersey recommendations
Quote | Reply
The temps are starting to drop in the northwest and I’m in search for a warm bike jersey for the shoulder season. I have a Castelli Espresso jacket which is great for temps under 50, but anything over that and I’m overheating. I have an older specialized Long-Sleeve Jersey which is a wool mix but it doesn’t cut it for less than 55...

So I’m looking for something that would work for the 45-55 range, comfortable next to the skin, doesn’t need to be water resistant/proof, would be nice if it had some wind resistance (or I guess I could get a gilet for windy day), some ability to breath would be nice as well. It like jerseys that fit a little bit tighter but it doesn’t need to be a race fit per se.

A few that I was thinking might for the bill...
- Castelli Transparente 4
- Castelli Nelmezzo ROS
- Pearl Izumi Thermal (I don’t quite understand The difference between PRO, Elite, and Select or between Persuit and Escape)
- Pearl Izumi Wind Jersey
- Gore C5 regular vs Windstopper vs Thermal

Anyone have experience with the above or have other recommendations?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Fall jersey recommendations [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll be riding with my new Castelli Perfetto vest in the morning. I already love the jacket which I wear below 45 degrees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a gabba (same as the perfetto but with short sleeves) and it is great for days in the low 50s- with arm warmers -so i am sure the perfetto recomended by the first poster is a great option. it is made of weird material that really protects from the elements.

i also have a rapha long sleeve pro-team insulated jersey which is my go-to for days around 50. must have got it in a sale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assos Mille GT Spring Fall LS jersey.
Quote Reply