Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by underdogtn
Re: What to do, what to do!? [underdogtn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever your weakest of the three disciplines, focus on that one for 3-4 months and put the other 2 on maintenance mode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoy it and find the sport you like or want to improve in. Compared to when I started I'm like you, just doing just a couple of races a year. It turned from a get better at it serious hobby into a enjoy the races and social hobby now. BUT if you're really wanting to improve, just like they said, hit your weakest and use the long period before teh race to train/plan accordingly. Go get it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do local 5k/10k's, plug into the USCF time trial series in your area, swim a couple meets, got to masters nationals in April. After you do all that, which will keep you busy and focused all winter, it will be triathlon season!!!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by underdogtn [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You said Oly. So does that mean only Oly and 1/2?

I've got my family in tune with my bike riding that there is a "base" amount of hours per week I'm usually going to do. Then there's an X+1 amount before events.

I'd avoid injury running too much or too hard, but make the aerobic engine bigger and stronger in the low impact sports.

Cycling? Not necessarily LSB stuff, but maybe do a week of 3 workouts like 2x20min, 1x40min, etc.... Then do whatever the swimming equivalent is the other week. Then an easy week doing both. Then repeat. Up the watts a tad each 3 week cycle.

Then every week, just fit in a 5k.

I ain't got time for LSB, so when I'm not doing higher intensity interval stuff "in season" I'm doing those focused 2x20 1x40 style workouts. The workout itself might take focus, but isn't so hard it should burn out someone who isn't chronically sitting around with negative TSB scores.

Maybe on the "easy" week do some gym workout stuff, fit some core work in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't understand this mentality of "training to race" and "avoiding burnout". Don´t you guys like being active and being outdoors? I think those things are a reward in the selves.

Just do what ever activity you can as much as you have time for. Do group rides/runs/swims. Do a run while your kid cycles along (or run). Explore your local area by wheel or foot. Get a weekly strenght training routine.
Quote Reply