Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This is getting silly...Prince Nasser (not sure what his actual title is) being touted as “World Champion” WTF!!!

I didn’t mind this guy until recently but he’s really starting to rub me the wrong way. He’s a good athlete and 9:19 in kona deserves respect. BUT...he’s being called “world champion” on Instagram for “winning his division”. He got 57th in the 30-34 AG. Are they still calling this “military division” a legit thing? It just makes him look so petty and try-hard it hurts. I wish he would just let the performances speak for themselves cuz he’s actually a really good athlete.

Last edited by: triguy86: Oct 16, 18 14:09

Re: This is getting silly...Prince Nasser (not sure what his actual title is) being touted as “World Champion” WTF!!! [triguy86] [ In reply to ]

Re: This is getting silly...Prince Nasser (not sure what his actual title is) being touted as “World Champion” WTF!!! [triguy86] [ In reply to ]

Maybe the "Prince" category ?
Or "Billionaire" category ?

It must be a division they recognize at the awards ceremony as its not a option to select on the official results page.

To be fair you have understand the dynamics of countries in the Middle East. He is trying to raise awareness of health, fitness and triathlon in his country and the wider gulf region. If that means he calls himself a world camp (military division) to inspire young arabs to get into sport and fitness, I don't see that as a bad thing.

Much like Texas, his camera crew were jacking up the race. Was very hard to pass him descending from Hawi with the big ass motorcycle in the lane.

Re: This is getting silly...Prince Nasser (not sure what his actual title is) being touted as “World Champion” WTF!!! [Cadence] [ In reply to ]

I don’t buy that’s what the team is for. But that’s another debate.

Do you get pissed off too when he rubs it in and you see his bowl displayed on his mantle piece at dinner parties?

The military division is sort of a legit thing but the thing is he didn't win that either. He's claiming world champion title because he won the executive challenge which is a bullshit VIP package you buy for $15K. Pretty lame...

triguy86 wrote:
I didn’t mind this guy until recently but he’s really starting to rub me the wrong way. He’s a good athlete and 9:19 in kona deserves respect. BUT...he’s being called “world champion” on Instagram for “winning his division”. He got 57th in the 30-34 AG. Are they still calling this “military division” a legit thing? It just makes him look so petty and try-hard it hurts. I wish he would just let the performances speak for themselves cuz he’s actually a really good athlete.

What's your CdA?

Re: This is getting silly...Prince Nasser (not sure what his actual title is) being touted as “World Champion” WTF!!! [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]

LOL. Unfortunately at my house tri related goodies go where all other hobby related items go...the garage. I guess I can’t put myself in his shoes but I’d never want it to look like I was trying that hard to get an award I didn’t earn. It’s just a terrible look. I guess that’s from an American cultural perspective tho.

triguy86 wrote:
I don’t buy that’s what the team is for. But that’s another debate.

indeed

Some BS division most probably created by IM to generate money who knows and despite a lot of who ha about him racing I think he is good for the sport as he supports a lot of the best athletes for a start. Maybe some Arab kids will now take up triathlon, doesn't affect any of us so lets look for positives IMO. Someone in the Middle East needs to lead a change and maybe it's a start?

Re: This is getting silly...Prince Nasser (not sure what his actual title is) being touted as “World Champion” WTF!!! [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]

trailerhouse wrote:
The military division is sort of a legit thing but the thing is he didn't win that either. He's claiming world champion title because he won the executive challenge which is a bullshit VIP package you buy for $15K. Pretty lame...

[/quote]
He did qualify at Bahrain 70.3 through the military division. He has been quoted in saying that WTC had offered him VIP spots in the past but had turned them down.

Re: This is getting silly...Prince Nasser (not sure what his actual title is) being touted as “World Champion” WTF!!! [Cadence] [ In reply to ]

He qualified in the military division but he claims his title in the XC division (see Instagram). Some other guy won the military division this year.

What's your CdA?

Re: This is getting silly...Prince Nasser (not sure what his actual title is) being touted as “World Champion” WTF!!! [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]

A joke. Just like his country.

Yeah that’s bs...I heard Kim Jong-un nipped him at the finish line to take the title.

Of things one could be disgusted with this guy about, a fake world championship title is the smallest.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
InstagramFacebook

Re: This is getting silly...Prince Nasser (not sure what his actual title is) being touted as “World Champion” WTF!!! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

RowToTri wrote:
Of things one could be disgusted with this guy about, a fake world championship title is the smallest.

i can see where we're going here. noplace good. thread locked.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman