Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does anyone have a Panasonic Digital camera Lumix?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a Panasonic Lumix?

Any tips?

Thanks

www.trizilla.com

50% off all apparel!

http://www.trizilla.com

And by the way. They're real, and they're spectacular!
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have a Panasonic Digital camera Lumix? [140.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the FZ5. I haven't used it much though. I love its size and zoom capability, but many of the pics I've shot have turned out slightly blurred even with the stabilization mode turned on. I'm sure its just my lack of knowledge about the camera as every review I could find on the thing just raved about it. I would be interested to hear others' suggestions as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have a Panasonic Digital camera Lumix? [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same camera. It's great, although it took some practice to gain some competence. I experienced the same problem with blurring, and found that most of the time it was due to not have the flash opened. Most of the time I leave it on the auto setting. I've found the rapid fire option is great. Take 3 pics/second and choose to keep the best one or two and delete the garbage. The zoom is awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have a Panasonic Digital camera Lumix? [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same problems I am having.

www.trizilla.com

all apparel 50% off

http://www.trizilla.com

And by the way. They're real, and they're spectacular!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had one for a few years, the dmc-LC40. It works well and has a fast f/2 lens. I dropped it on concrete once but got the memory card door fixed for $20. the rest of the camera works fine. The white balance is too blue in bright conditions in auto mode but you can adjust that manually. I use the auto bracket feature a lot for backlit or other difficult lighting and the burst mode for action photos. Flash exposure overexposes sometimes in dark conditions but works well as fill flash and autofocus is poor in low light conditions.
Avoid using the full auto mode in most cameras will give better results. Use a mode that allows you to set the shutter speed if going for action and set the f-stop if setting depth of field. If blurring is a problem make sure you hold it like a real camera not 3 feet away looking at the screen like you see many digital camera users. If you're using an slr type or shape camera then make sure you don't support all the weight with the same hand that you press the shutter with.
Last edited by: nickc: Jan 6, 06 13:05
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have a Panasonic Digital camera Lumix? [nickc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you use the burst functionality?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
         I've had a FZ15 for about a year and love it. Nikc really gives good advice but I just want to let the camera do the work so I always use auto-focus. I think that your "blurring" problem might be caused by not focusing. First, make sure you are set on spot focus and spot on the subject. Second, use the view finder not the LCD. And third and most important, pause for a quarter second to let the camera focus. Wait for the green light to come on. Once you get used to it it's almost nothing. You can pre-focus on the spot then just click but you'll see that the camera does need time to focus.

To use the Burst mode push the little button on top of the camera behind the shutter button. Mine had three burst modes. You can shoot three, five or ten shot burst's and then keep the best one. It's a great feature.

Good luck with you're camera. I'm no photographer and don't want to be one but I get great shots with it on totally Auto

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I am experiencing the same exact problems. Especially for indoor shots, most every pic turns out blurred. So then you open the flash and the pics are too washed out. I've messed with the exposure settings and it still looks crappy.

I tried to return it to Circuit City, but gave me Panasonic's number since it was purchased too far out of their return policy time frame. I was about to contact them to return it as a defect, but sounds like this is a common problem.

When research digital cameras, I too was swayed by the glowing reviews about it. Is this camera really a lemon, or we just not using it correctly?

I'll contact Panasonic about this and post their response.

"Set your gear shift to the high gear of your soul,
you got to run like an antelope, out of control!"
Quote Reply