Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona drafting penalties. Who was penalized, who didnt [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Slowman wrote:
synthetic wrote:
Slowman wrote:
synthetic wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Races are both dying and doubling simultaneously according to forum experts. I can't keep up!

IronBrand maybe up 5%, but the non brand and short course races down drastically. IB has good marketing power..

actually, not so, on the short course races. life time up a healthy percentage in their natl series, year over year. same store sales, more races up than down. WF more than doubled in size this year and it wasn't just having water to swim in. you have to go back almost a decade to see those same numbers. lots of shorter races had banner years. certainly there was also a lot of down, just, for the first year in 5 the sport was in the aggregate as much up as it was down, or even more so, up and down the distance gradient.

Sure about lifetime? We lost the San Diego race and I haven't seen new ones added last check

yes i'm sure about life time. the 7 or 8 natl races. some up, some down, but up in the aggregate.

I guess a regional analysis is in place? I feel the birth place of triathlon is now just a grave stone. This looking at the local races

i don't think the southwest is in a good place. mind, wildflower rocked. oceanside rocked. some races were great. but we have a lot of same 'ol, same 'ol, rather than eager RDs scouring the ground for new venues for interesting new races to produce.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next