Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Listen to this shit. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I’m thinking he gave her more than just one sip.

And there it is.

There is so much to this post in particular that I take offense to, namely it is not even remotely factual. Duffy, you literally have no background To the story other than a bunch of fake news theories as listed above, but have this sinister idea of what went down. Is that right? Secretly you probably want that to be the story so the herd can start stampeding and you can take some credit for being their leader. This is such a Trumpian post and sums up the world we live in. You could put that on his twitter feed right now and no one would know the difference. Plant the BS seed. Watch it grow.

Look at your theories just run wild. Mind you all but a couple of you even saw and read my post, let that sink in, and yet you’ve got it all, and me, figured out huh? Nice try.

In conclusion all I will say is this: The main gist was the inability to have a calm, level-headed, and non-yelling discussion with the bouncer since everything happened in an instant and all he did was scream at me and make a scene. The rest of the post was frankly just background and not even the central premise. It was about this raging bouncer.
Quote Reply
Re: Listen to this shit. [maninthearena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maninthearena wrote:
Duffy wrote:

And there it is.

There is so much to this post in particular that I take offense to, namely it is not even remotely factual. Duffy, you literally have no background To the story other than a bunch of fake news theories as listed above, but have this sinister idea of what went down. Is that right? Secretly you probably want that to be the story so the herd can start stampeding and you can take some credit for being their leader. This is such a Trumpian post and sums up the world we live in. You could put that on his twitter feed right now and no one would know the difference. Plant the BS seed. Watch it grow.

Look at your theories just run wild. Mind you all but a couple of you even saw and read my post, let that sink in, and yet you’ve got it all, and me, figured out huh? Nice try.

In conclusion all I will say is this: The main gist was the inability to have a calm, level-headed, and non-yelling discussion with the bouncer since everything happened in an instant and all he did was scream at me and make a scene. The rest of the post was frankly just background and not even the central premise. It was about this raging bouncer.

If only there had been some way for the rest of us to know the whole story.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maninthearena wrote:
Duffy wrote:

And there it is.

I think we get it. You want to have a rational conversation with a bouncer at a concert even though you got duped and now have to look into your karma because your a good person unlike Trump. Amiright?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very little doubt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maninthearena wrote:
Duffy wrote:

And there it is.

Never come to a forum that has any diversity for something like this. Half the people are going to think you're an asshole guaranteed. It's like being a ref or umpire, half of the people are going to think you're wrong regardless of the call you made :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maninthearena wrote:
Duffy wrote:

And there it is.

[1]There is so much to this post in particular that I take offense to,[2] namely it is not even remotely factual. [3]Duffy, you literally have no background To the story other than a bunch of fake news theories as listed above, but have this sinister idea of what went down. Is that right? Secretly you probably want that to be the story so the herd can start stampeding and you can take some credit for being their leader.[4] This is such a Trumpian post and sums up the world we live in. You could put that on his twitter feed right now and no one would know the difference. Plant the BS seed. Watch it grow.

[5]In conclusion all I will say is this: The main gist was the inability to have a calm, level-headed, and non-yelling discussion with the bouncer since everything happened in an instant and all he did was scream at me and make a scene. The rest of the post was frankly just background and not even the central premise. It was about this raging bouncer.

1. really? like how much of this post, because its just a single sentence? I mean Duffy even used good grammar (something you wont find in my post!)
2. That single sentence was an opinion, you can dispute it, or deny it, but Duffy wasn't trying to state a fact, only his opinion. learn the difference
3. well if you didnt delete your original post maybe we would have some background.
4. WTF!? Trumpian? Sums up the world? you're reaching the limits of my medication!
5. Yes, this reply to duffy's single sentence opinion post clearly shows how you tend to react in a calm and rational manor to confrontation or questioning of your actions.
Quote Reply
Re: Listen to this shit. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
orphious wrote:
Let me guess.. he gives a minor a sip of beer, bouncer sees it, asks him to leave. He refuses and get tossed. Do I have that right? I didnt see the original post but I am guessing there is more to his original post than what he wrote. There always is.

That's the gist of it. I wouldn't say he refused or was tossed. By his description he just argued a bit with them and then left after driving many hours for a concert.

I don't know why as someone working security at a concert, you wouldn't just say do you know what you just did? don't let it happen again, we'll have somebody watching you and leave it at that.

What do they think the guy is? A habitual corrupter of minors, who's going around trying to get underage girls drunk?

Seems like a strange thing to have a zero tolerance policy on.

Shouldn't he now change his name to manoutsidethearena?

Who gives random strangers a sip of their drink at a concert just out of generosity? You just paid $18 for a warm beer and you are giving it away because you are a nice guy? That story doesn't make sense at all.

This appears to have slipped under the radar and I'd like to acknowledge it. Solid work.
Quote Reply
Re: Listen to this shit. [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do agree with that 100%. That is a very good joke.
Last edited by: maninthearena: Oct 12, 18 9:11
Quote Reply
Re: Listen to this shit. [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
As for letting security letting it go... Nope. I dont think a zero tolerance policy would be strange at all.

This. Regardless of the bouncer's shitty attitude (likely born of (A) dealing with sloppy drunk sh*theads every night who do nothing but resist, sometimes violently; and (B) making the OP an example to those around him), the level of regulation for a venue that serves alcohol is draconian. Depending on the state, you're dealing with the state and local regulations, and losing a liquor license could kill a venue due to the fat margins on booze. There's a reason why the liquor license can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars when an established venue is purchased here in California - they're so friggin' hard to get, and if you're in a saturated region a new license is impossible to get.

So no, the zero tolerance is completely understandable. Any permissive enforcement of the policy could (and certainly would, if caught) be used against the venue in an enforcement action.

And isn't herpes transmitted by sharing a cup? The f*ck is the OP doing giving a stranger a sip? Yuck. That sh*t nasty! ;-)

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maninthearena wrote:
Duffy wrote:

And there it is.

I read your entire original post and before mentioning the you’re 40 years old I thought I was reading something written by a 20 year old.

Then when I read that you are 40 I thought, what kind of 40 year old dude drives from SD to SLO to see a band?....

...a creepy one.

So you go to SLO (a college town) to see a band because you know there will be young coeds there who can’t buy alcohol and you can be the knight in shining armor/beer provider to these young ladies.

The bouncers figured you out pretty quick (they see creepy 40 year olds at concerts all the time) and cock blocked you before you could “offer a ride home” to the little 19 year old honey you were boozing up.

Did I miss anything?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
maninthearena wrote:
Duffy wrote:

And there it is.

I read your entire original post and before mentioning the you’re 40 years old I thought I was reading something written by a 20 year old.

Then when I read that you are 40 I thought, what kind of 40 year old dude drives from SD to SLO to see a band?....

...a creepy one.

So you go to SLO (a college town) to see a band because you know there will be young coeds there who can’t buy alcohol and you can be the knight in shining armor/beer provider to these young ladies.

The bouncers figured you out pretty quick (they see creepy 40 year olds at concerts all the time) and cock blocked you before you could “offer a ride home” to the little 19 year old honey you were boozing up.

Did I miss anything?

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I’m thinking he gave her more than just the tip.

Fixed it for you

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Listen to this shit. [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I’m thinking he gave her more than just the tip.

Fixed it for you

That’s what he was trying to do but the brave and heroic bouncer saved our fair maiden from his lecherous intentions.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: Listen to this shit. [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t care either. I just don’t approve of the op lying about it to us.

If you want to bang a 19 year old I say go for it.

Just don’t be sneaky about it.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it really a mystery to folks here that a dude would give a cute girl a drink of his beer if she asked?

I'm 50 yro and if a hot girl comes up to me at a concert and asks for a drink of my beer, I'm letting her have a pull of it. And I'm not asking for an ID. Wtf, life's to short not to let hotties have a sup of your beer.

But I'm not married.

Quote Reply
Re: Listen to this shit. [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn’t give a woman, hot or not, a sip of anything of mine.

I’d be happy to buy them a beer but no drink is going from my hand to a strange woman’s hand.

That’s the world we live in....

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Beer has alcohol in it so it is self-sterilizing right?
Quote Reply
Re: Listen to this shit. [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:

Beer has alcohol in it so it is self-sterilizing right?

It’s not about germs. Hell, I’ll eat her ass but she’s not getting an unopened drink from my hand.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next