Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hurricane Thread - Rick PCFL You Guys Okay?
Quote | Reply
   Things sound bad for Panama City and Mexico Beach Florida. Rick lives there, on or near the water I believe. Hope all is okay for you guys. If you have any damage, I know an adjuster... ;) PM if you need anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Hurricane Thread - Rick PCFL You Guys Okay? [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can report that Whitby Ontario has thus far been spared.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Oct 10, 18 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Hurricane Thread - Rick PCFL You Guys Okay? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio is all clear as well sadly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope our LR folks in the area are all okay!

The CBC newssite has live dash cam video of someone driving around one of the cities. There seems to be some pretty significant damage. It's weirldly mesmerizing. And shocking that so many people are out and about in an area I assume was supposed to be evacuated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Detroit has been trashed and our roads are falling apart.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Hurricane Thread - Rick PCFL You Guys Okay? [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alibabwa wrote:
...And shocking that so many people are out and about in an area I assume was supposed to be evacuated.

evacuate means something different in America than the rest of the english speaking countries.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Oct 10, 18 15:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mexico Beach is pretty much ready to be leveled for a redo. Tyndall AFB has damage to every building, "every structure unlivable", and makes one wonder if they will just shutter it, like they did Homestead after Andrew. (already have the state senators scrambling to acquire funds for rebuild). I think Rick is not far from Tyndall. Hopefully he chimes in and gives an update, although I heard the Mayor of a burg (Lynn Haven) farther away from the eye tell a resident probably 2 months to get power back on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13UoLG4assM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am okay. Thanks for your concern. I figured that you would be the one person to be familiar with the area. My house is damaged but livable. My pump house, tool shed and pole barn are destroyed. I designed and built a nice greenhouse for my wife blast Christmas - I guess I will be doing that again this Christmas . I had two windows blown out but had tools ready and was able to secure them from the inside.

I have water damage in four rooms but I have dried it out. My shingles were damaged but nothing like some of my neighbors who have water damage to the ceiling of every room.

I had a beautiful wooded lot, but no more as I have very few trees still standing I had three large oak trees leaning against the jouse, but for part of them cut back today.

All that said, we are fortunate and are happy to be in the condition we are in. For us, it is an inconvenience, for others it s devastating.

I am unhappy with Verizon as my cell service has been down almost constantly since the storm. I missed an opportunity to run claims locally because they couldn't get in touch with me. I had to drive 75 minutes to get a T-Mobile phone in order to be able to have phone service. I finally got some claims to run but have to drive 45 minutes to get a connection so I can download them.

Some of my friends and family had some scares. I heard the same thing you did about Tyndall and Mexico Beach. What is odd is that 15 miles up Highway 77 it doesn't look bad.

I will post some photos and stories at another time after thins turn a blind it closer to normal. .

Does your sister still live in PC or did she move away.
Quote Reply
Re: Hurricane Thread - Rick PCFL You Guys Okay? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear that you are OK, best of luck going forward.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I am unhappy with Verizon as my cell service has been down almost constantly since the storm. I missed an opportunity to run claims locally because they couldn't get in touch with me. I had to drive 75 minutes to get a T-Mobile phone in order to be able to have phone service. I finally got some claims to run but have to drive 45 minutes to get a connection so I can download them."

I was thinking, at least he won't have to go far to work the storm. Oops, guess that didn't work so well.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
    That's really sad about the trees, the other stuf you'll recover pretty quickly I guess. My sister is in the ATL area now, so no family (save for ex-inlaws) in PC, but I have a co-worker with lots family there, they had cell trouble as well, and changed to ATT so they have coverage. Maybe AT&T just was lucky to not have infrastructure damage, but that is an option at least. Best of luck on getting things back together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too wondered about you and am glad to read all is well aside from the damage.

Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
"I am unhappy with Verizon as my cell service has been down almost constantly since the storm. I missed an opportunity to run claims locally because they couldn't get in touch with me. I had to drive 75 minutes to get a T-Mobile phone in order to be able to have phone service. I finally got some claims to run but have to drive 45 minutes to get a connection so I can download them."

I was thinking, at least he won't have to go far to work the storm. Oops, guess that didn't work so well.

I did end up getting some claims. So may.get to work from the house for a couple of months. I feel guilty for ever wishing I could run claims in Florida, but will definitely be able to have complete empathy with people who are going through it.

I keep hearing stories that make me realize how fortunate I am.
Quote Reply