Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Collins votes yes, its over, the heavy set woman has sung [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
nc452010 wrote:
How about liberals all get together and agree to adopt, across the party, “guilty - when accused”?

Be leaders!

So lets say if someone took out a full page newspaper add saying we should re-instate the death penalty so that someone accused of rape could be executed, before they even stand trial. Even when they are exonerated by DNA evidence, that someone still says they should be executed.

That is suddenly bad now?

You are one of the guys who has advocated for a world in which accusations must be taken as true, leaving the burden of proving innocence to the accused. So, you should be all for this.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Collins votes yes, its over, the heavy set woman has sung [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me it was pretty clear that both Ford and Kavanaugh were lying -- on a variety of fronts.

The decision then comes down to weighing Kavanaugh. Under the best light possible for Kavanaugh the question is: Is it permissible to lie when you're the subject of a witch hunt? It's certainly debatable. We probably have a lot of men in our prisons that were caught in lies while knowing they were innocent of the charged crime. Sometimes certain truths can be twisted, and defendants don't want to take that chance. So, we've done a lot worse to others than we'd be doing to Kavanaugh if we just didn't vote him in.
Quote Reply

Prev Next