Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon Frame Scuff
Quote | Reply
I have a very small scuff on the bottom of my Scott carbon bicycle frame. It's from my bike rack. I clamped it tight and the rubber left a small mark on the side/bottom of the main part of the bicycle. You can't even really see it in unless it's in a certain light, but this puppy is brand new and it's annoying me. Any suggestions on getting it out? I saw clear nail polish or something. I am not sure. It's a very minimal surface rub.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon Frame Scuff [CTex65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It might be a bit of rubber residue. You could wipe it off with acetone.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon Frame Scuff [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only thing I tried so far was soap and water with a brand new cleaning mitt that you use on your car. Didn't work. I guess I could try some WD40 and a microfiber. I don't think that is going to work though. Appreciate the response! Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try clear nail polish or gloss clear coat from your local hobby shop. With clear nail polish, you got to work fast to avoid brush strokes since nail polish tends to dry fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or maybe try Goof Off I would imagine that would be slightly less harmful.

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don’t stress. Once it has been ridden properly for 6-12 months for sure it will have more scuff marks, scratches - the first is always the most painful, but is never the last.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buff it out! Tons of car products out there to fix that exact issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon Frame Scuff [cgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cgrubb wrote:
Don’t stress. Once it has been ridden properly for 6-12 months for sure it will have more scuff marks, scratches - the first is always the most painful, but is never the last.

That's the truth, you should see all the scuffs on my carbon mountain bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just be aware that a new Scott carbon bicycle comes with a tag on every tube saying do not clamp.
There is a price to be paid for lightweight frames and that is of the inconvenience of not being able to clamp it.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon Frame Scuff [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone!
Last edited by: CTex65: Oct 5, 18 11:11
Quote Reply