Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vanquish or Aerohead for hot ironman
Quote | Reply
I have the the Giro Aerohead but I can get a good deal on a Giro Vanquish helmet. Is it that much cooler? Or am I better off saving my money.
Quote Reply
Re: Vanquish or Aerohead for hot ironman [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have thought about this fat too much !

Aerohead is a portable oven for me personally - I will be wearing the Vanquish in Kona having fallen for their own tunnel data - they say 90 secs but I am ok with 3 mins as I wasted more than that soft pedaling in the heat and stopping to pour water on my head
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Aerohead was unbearable for a hot 40 k tt, I can’t imagine using it for 112 miles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I road race in the Vanquish and do TTs (15-40k) in the Aerohead.

As the others have said, the Aerohead is pretty hot. I wouldn't use the Vanquish for a 40k, no matter how hot- but I think the Vanquish is an obvious choice for an Ironman, especially 80-85+ degrees.

-Physiojoe
Instagram: @thephysiojoe
Cycling coach, Elite racer on Wooster Bikewerks p/b Wootown Bagels
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its very personal: I also wear the Aerohead when it is hot and had no problem whatsoever in Kona last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Vanquish or Aerohead for hot ironman [Physiojoe925] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Physiojoe925 wrote:
I road race in the Vanquish and do TTs (15-40k) in the Aerohead.

As the others have said, the Aerohead is pretty hot. I wouldn't use the Vanquish for a 40k, no matter how hot- but I think the Vanquish is an obvious choice for an Ironman, especially 80-85+ degrees.

UNLESS of course, you had a Synthe, and a Vanquish. In which case, both are similar in cooling with Vanquish said to be slightly warmer--not much. However, Vanquish should save about 13 sec. (per Giro propaganda) over the Synthe. That said, looking foward to seeing some comparison with the new KASK UTOPIA aero road helmet which is as light & cool as the Synthe, yet possibly an aerodynamic rival to the Vanquish.
Quote Reply