Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Describe the sound difference between wheel on and direct drive trainers [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
I saw the review on the new to come Kinetic Trainer. Looks pretty cool with direct drive/rocker, not any louder than other trainers. DC Rainmaker has a review on the new R1.

that does look cool. it's slightly more than I would like to spend but the more indoor training I do, it's easier to justify. with that being said, my tacx vortex smart still works fine. Is it perfect? no. it's a little loud. resistance change can be slow. but it's hard to call those dealbreakers. I paid $350 for it 2 years ago and I tend to hate to spend money on something new when there are no major flaws with what I currently have. so I am in a wait and see mode.
Quote Reply
Re: Describe the sound difference between wheel on and direct drive trainers [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boostedcvc wrote:
I just bought a new 2018 Kickr and would say that it’s super quiet. Like others have said, you only really hear the drivetrain.

I also just sold a Snap. The Sound of the Kickr Snap is very dependent on the tire used. I used a bunch of different tires and for me the quietest was the GP4000!

One point I saw DCR make is a fan is going to be louder than most direct drive trainers.
Quote Reply

Prev Next