Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone investing in pot stocks?
Quote | Reply
What do you make of the tilray insanity?

I have small positions in a couple. Apparently, I may not be able to enter the US now due to my involvement in the sale of pot. No joke.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone investing in pot stocks? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am more interested in stocks that include Pot extracts as part of their portfolio. That would include most Pharms. I saw this and I thought it was applicable to your question:

"Tilray's valuation is now beyond defending even using the most optimistic near-term growth prospects. Tilray stock just might be a bubble waiting to pop."

But maybe it's the next Apple.....

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You think there's money to be made with these?

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone investing in pot stocks? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
You think there's money to be made with these?

Stock pot /pot stock

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought into TLRY on IPO day at $23. I thought the first month with this stock was crazy, this week has just been absolutely nuts. Unfortunately I had a stop loss trigger by $0.01 a couple weeks ago, so I got out after only tripling my initial investment, instead of a ten-bagger. As we saw yesterday this stock can go down just as fast as it can go up with all the loss limits in place, it could go back to $23 any day r bounce up to $400, because this stocks price has no basis on reality and a small float. one thing for sure, insiders are going to dump the hell out of TLRY once the IPO lock up period is over, then we will see what the actual value of it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone investing in pot stocks? [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow just wow😀

Enterprise Value to ebitda....781.

“At one point it had a higher value than Barrick gold and Canadian Tire combined, 28 billion”

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TLRY - absurd. Classic short squeeze combined with FOMO. Retail investors got crushed yesterday and more than likely will never see those levels again. I wouldn't touch it.

CGC - Canopy Growth - The biggest cannabis producer in Canada. Constelation Brands (Think Corona, just invested $4Billon in them). In at $30 right around when it became listed in the US. Bought more at $45 and $47. I'm in for the long haul. Cannabis infused drinks should be a huge market.

GWPH - not really a "pot stock" and they've been around for years. I've been invested for many of those. They use natural CBD in their drug, Epidiolex, which is used to treat epilepsy. If the DEA ever gets off their ass and declassifies cannabis (supposedly any day now) people suffering from epilepsy in the US can finally reap the benefits. Alas, I have zero faith in the US government.

Cannabis industry just starting to boom, exciting times for investors. Finding the right/legitimate companies to invest in is the hard part.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone investing in pot stocks? [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seriously. I was actually planning on going real long on this, not expecting much action, but I wanted an early position in case the US Govt stops being stupid about pot in 10-15 years. Once TLRY tanks and prices go back to sane levels i'll get back in on a few to hold long.
Quote Reply