Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Waffle Houses in NC storm area - supported the community
Quote | Reply
Neat article about Waffle House. They have 100 people they bring in to man the Waffle Houses in the hard hit areas, and cut prices. The "jump teams" from other areas worked so that the local employees could tend to their homes and families.

https://www.yahoo.com/...ashes-135527205.html

Waffle House brings in over 100 people from outside affected markets, known as “jump teams,” to help local staff ride out the storm while they’re focused on loved ones. It supplies power generators and backup food supplies as necessary and once transportation is safe. The leadership also makes its way to the disaster zone: CEO Walt Ehmer was recently in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Executives help make decisions about resources and appropriate responses. They communicate and coordinate with employees back in Georgia headquarters.
Waffle House is more than a spot for a hot meal in these times, too. “We’re that gathering place where people get together to talk about local happenings,” Warner says. “After the storm, we feel like we need to be there. It brings the community back faster.” The overall objective is to return to “normalcy,” as he puts it.
Restaurants generally see first responders and power company employees show up earliest in the wake of a storm.
Quote Reply
Re: Waffle Houses in NC storm area - supported the community [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump for good news.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Waffle Houses in NC storm area - supported the community [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good stuff. I always make a point to go to a Waffle House whenever I've been down South whether for work, to visit my in-laws or for races (no better post race meal after IMFL!).

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Last edited by: Brian in MA: Sep 17, 18 18:01
Quote Reply
Re: Waffle Houses in NC storm area - supported the community [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
or for races (no better post race meal after IMFL!).

WRONG FORUM

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply