Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Florida Advice - Helment, Shoes and Wheels [joshatsilca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Josh

joshatsilca wrote:
Rob,
Latex tubes are more resistant to both punctures and pinch flats, but they do take extra care to install as they are so stretchy that they are easy to pinch under the bead if you aren't careful. We recommend using 2 wraps of tubeless tape instead of standard rims tape as it is lighter, slicker and thinner, all of which make tire and tube install easier, you will also want a rim tape that covers the full tire bed as latex should not be touching carbon when installed.

Lastly, you will want to carry a butyl spare tube. The challenge of installing latex is not worth it on the roadside. I recommend carrying a slightly narrower butyl tube with extender pre-installed for racing as the smaller tube can be pre-inflated a bit more and still be easily installed even with shaky, sweaty hands and a fuzzy brain!

Best of luck!
Josh
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida Advice - Helment, Shoes and Wheels [rob585] - Follow up [rob585] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally, I’d just get the cover for the rear wheel. They test just as fast.

If you do want a disc, go with a used one from the ST classifieds. Discs with a single owner (not a rental) are typically very low mileage (since they are race only wheels), and in great shape. I have a Renn 575 bought here and it’s been brilliant.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply

Prev Next