Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The checkerboard Ventum
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The checkerboard Ventum [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want that paint scheme on my next bike. That's awesome.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: The checkerboard Ventum [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is certainly...unique.
Quote Reply
Re: The checkerboard Ventum [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you like it! Ventum’s in house painter, Roel Crespo, is incredible! He did the bike and the helmet for me. Check out his Instagram page for some more craziness.
Quote Reply
Re: The checkerboard Ventum [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it. Hope he competes the look by wearing this…

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The checkerboard Ventum [TriBy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a pic with you on the bike? I have tilted my bars up as well and always keen to see people with a more mantis position. Very sweet looking bike...
Quote Reply
Re: The checkerboard Ventum [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:

Beat me to it! It's almost like triathlon has become a contest to see who can buy the ugliest gear.
Quote Reply
Re: The checkerboard Ventum [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:

Beat me to it! It's almost like triathlon has become a contest to see who can buy the ugliest gear.

It's all a matter of taste. Not everyone is infatuated with all-black-everything.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: The checkerboard Ventum [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. Below is somehow the only pic I have of me riding. I've played with the setup a lot, along with my coach, David Tilbury-Davis, and my friends at STAC. This is the position we found optimized aerodynamics, comfort, and power. I was actually a bit surprised to see the aggressive hand position paid off, but the higher we went, the more drag I dropped.[/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to disappoint, that kit wasn't loud enough for me[/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you have to do anything special with the specialized reserve rack to fit the PN3.0? I did not realize that mount would work on the seat. Also.... I see you are using a rubber band to aid in keeping the bottle from flying off. Cody Beals did the same thing at IMMT. Have you found this actually helps? How is the rubber band mounted on the cage?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: The checkerboard Ventum [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good eye! I tried EVERY mount I could and finally found the Reserve Rack, and it fits easily. I wrench the hell out of it to make sure it stays in place, but it's been perfect. If you have a lot of seastpost exposure in the back, you may not have enough room for it, but it fit easily on mine right out of the box.

I have a Gorilla XT cage on there and have actually never needed to rubber banded it, but the pic was from Ironman Frankfurt which has a particularly nasty cobblestone section. I just took a big rubber band, crossed it up and wrapped it under the bottom of the Gorilla cage. Does it help? Ahh, it's hard to prove a zero. All I know is that during a training ride with no rubber band, I dropped a bottle on the cobbles. With the rubber band, no drop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife would love if I had a bike and kit like that. She complains that I’m too hard to spot with my all black bike and all black kit

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's our team kit from Louis Garneau. A little bit cheaper than the bike :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I just ordered the reserve rack. I have plenty of room with the seatpost so it should work.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found as I tilted the bars up I had more trouble producing the same power and took me a little while to work out. Did you have the same issues and if so how did you overcome it? I like the position. Looks very similar to where I ended up.
Quote Reply
Re: The checkerboard Ventum [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as my upper body is properly supported and the forearm to hand angle is manageable (so I’m not bending my wrists to reach the shifters but instead am just resting my hands on top), my power numbers maintain or even increase relative to a traditional set up. I ran in to some trouble running the 17 degree Zipps with a flat forearm cup because it had me shifting my body all over the place. The Ceegee pads on the Aeria aerobars work really nicely, but I’m trying to get even more dialed in with some angled cups. I have a set I’m experimenting with and waiting on another set to come in.

Probably an obvious question, but have you tried shifting your pads a centimeter or two forward? Keeping my fit the same but raising my extensions as pictured made me feel really short. Shifting them 1cm out allowed me to really get supported, almost like resting my elbows on a desk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I solved my power issues by using angled wedges under the cups as well as the bar effectively angling my arms higher again but allowing me to cock my wrists down to grasp the bar. It lets me lock my wrists, arms and shoulders to be more stable to generate power. I like the tilted bars as it makes me feel I am falling into my position but working out how to lock it all together was the key for me. I run Pro Missile bars with the flatter extensions that gradually tilt up so found it was the best fit for the bar.

If I had the budget of sky I would have made extensions that kick lower at the end like Geraint Thomas bike but I had to make do with what was on hand...

https://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/gear-news/racing-technology/photo-gallery-bike-tech-2017-tour-de-france/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your bike paint scheme is cool and unique.

But with you on it with that skin suit and that helmet? Out of this world !

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The checkerboard Ventum [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'm really happy with how it turned out. Just got my new Rocket7 shoes in as well and they are just over the top. Will share a pic soon.
Quote Reply