Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Indoor trainer woes
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if Slowtwitch could help me out. Is there a way to fix a bike trainer that has issues? I recently have found myself in a pickle. My hand me down "dumb" bike trainer is starting to fall apart. I don't have the funds to replace it because I moved into a house that should have been the star of Money Pit. Is there a way to fix an old fluid trainer instead of replacing it?
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor trainer woes [chadm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chadm wrote:
I was wondering if Slowtwitch could help me out. Is there a way to fix a bike trainer that has issues? I recently have found myself in a pickle. My hand me down "dumb" bike trainer is starting to fall apart. I don't have the funds to replace it because I moved into a house that should have been the star of Money Pit. Is there a way to fix an old fluid trainer instead of replacing it?

What kind of fluid trainer? If it’s cycleops, they will often, if not always, repair it for free. You might have to pay the cost to ship it to them
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor trainer woes [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was given to me a while back. I don't believe it's a Cycleops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you haven't said what brand, what model, nor what is wrong with it.
No offence, but what exactly are you expecting anyone to tell you?
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Aug 28, 18 13:58
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor trainer woes [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
chadm wrote:

What kind of fluid trainer? If it’s cycleops, they will often, if not always, repair it for free. You might have to pay the cost to ship it to them

I have the Fluid Trainer 2, and it was making a horrid noise while riding a few years back. When I called, they did a "trade-in" with me of about $100 I think it was as I had a really old head on it. Fast forward a few years, and it's doing the same thing again. Waiting a bit to call since I can still get out and ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These days you can get a fluid 2 used in good shape for $60 or so.
Check out your local facebook ads. People might even ship or meet up.

Plenty of options as trying a home repair probably isn't feasible.

And if you don't know the brand, probably won't help to call in support.

Ryan
http://www.SetThePaceTriathlon.com
http://www.TriathlonTrainingDaddy.com
I got plans - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...dotcom#trainingplans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Have you checked the Slowtwitch classifieds or your local craigslist?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply