Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin support appreciation post
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this is allowed but figured I could try.

I just wanted to highlight the phenomenal customer support I received from Garmin. Two buttons from my 920xt somehow exploded and while my intentions were to order new buttons or something, they offered me a replacement watch despite being out of warranty by about 1.5 years.

In addition, I haven't been able to sync runs from Nike Run Club to Garmin, despite my Garmin runs synching to Nike just fine. I initially contacted Nike since it seems like an issue on their side, and essentially was told "idk it's gamins fault go call them." Garmin on the other hand has been going above and beyond to resolve this issue. I'm not the silly "customer is always right" type and realize that it's hard to maintain such personal customer support from a large corporation. I highly recommend Garmin and their service.

Last edited by: draxula16: Aug 30, 18 4:54
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin support appreciate post [draxula16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin has always taken care of my needs.. so I continue to buy their wares...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin support appreciate post [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:

Whereas ive not even had a reply re a fault on a 910xt (power button not working, resets no effect etc) here in Blighty.
If that lack of help here continues, I'll be buying something non Garmin. Any recommendations ? Needs to last for an IM, and I'm a MOP/BOP person (other than of course to speed up so i can get finished in 10 hrs, opening up a larger choice of evice !)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin support appreciate post [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

Whereas ive not even had a reply re a fault on a 910xt (power button not working, resets no effect etc) here in Blighty.
If that lack of help here continues, I'll be buying something non Garmin. Any recommendations ? Needs to last for an IM, and I'm a MOP/BOP person (other than of course to speed up so i can get finished in 10 hrs, opening up a larger choice of evice !)

you comment is off topic .. the fact that 2 ppl posted appreciation is evidence that I'm in the minority.. no reason to add more negative banter. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long have you been waiting on a reply ? Monday I tried chat and couldn’t get through. Ended up emailing support. Tried chat again yesterday and still no go. I had a bad feeling about getting a reply to the email so I called. Which is how I’ve dealt with them in the past and the calls always have gone well. Seven mins of wait before I got a rep.

This was for a different garmin product not related to multi sport or any of this stuff. The unit is 1 1/2 years old so 6 months out of warranty. I explained what the issue was and rep put me on hold for a min. Then came back and simply said, “I’m going to email you an address to send the unit back. We’ll send you a new one no charge”.

Another great experience with garmin. Part of why I buy their products.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I continue to use Garmin products for this vary reason. It is hard to quantify if I am extra hard on my devices or what but eventually I have a problem with every Garmin doing something wonky. Thankfully I don't think I have ever had a problem with CS and so I stick with them. With that being said, I know we continue to move to disposable products but I think build quality hasn't gotten worse. IMHO the 910xt, albeit archaic now in comparison, was/is the most reliable Garmin product I have ever owned.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin support appreciate post [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
How long have you been waiting on a reply ? Monday I tried chat and couldn’t get through. Ended up emailing support. Tried chat again yesterday and still no go. I had a bad feeling about getting a reply to the email so I called. Which is how I’ve dealt with them in the past and the calls always have gone well. Seven mins of wait before I got a rep.

This was for a different garmin product not related to multi sport or any of this stuff. The unit is 1 1/2 years old so 6 months out of warranty. I explained what the issue was and rep put me on hold for a min. Then came back and simply said, “I’m going to email you an address to send the unit back. We’ll send you a new one no charge”.

Several weeks, maybe over a month now.
Sent Faceache Messanger message recently too.
Not called, but will try that and see what comes of it.
I'd simply been hoping i'd have got an email reply with a 'post to addess xxxxx, will probably cost ÂŁyy to repair and take z weeks'. Not a hand-delivered-by-the-queen replacement for free or anything'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their customer support is phenomenal, but is it a good thing that so many people know how good it is?!?! ;) I have spent countless hours on the phone with them over the years, and more so recently with my Vector V3 pedals. They always do the right thing, but at what point is the amount of time spent on the phone with customer service no longer worth using their products and giving another brand a go?

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Several weeks, maybe over a month now.
Sent Faceache Messanger message recently too.
Not called, but will try that and see what comes of it.
I'd simply been hoping i'd have got an email reply with a 'post to addess xxxxx, will probably cost ÂŁyy to repair and take z weeks'. Not a hand-delivered-by-the-queen replacement for free or anything'

This seems to come up a lot. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS call. It doesn't matter what company it is, if you need to talk to customer service about an issue with a product, you are going to have much better luck calling. And it's always faster.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin support appreciate post [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+100 for Garmin, I have had multiple generations of their products and will continue to do so. My original forerunner 305 stopped picking up gps signal (it was so old at that point it was to be expected) I asked them if they could repair it at all, and wasnt expecting much to come of it. They ended up offering me a 920 at a huge discount since the 305 was discontinued. after a couple of seasons with that one, I accidentally dropped it on some gnarly rocks at a swim exit and cracked the screen and was able to purchase a crash replacement (using the bike term because not sure how else to describe it). So multiple issue through no fault of them, and they still helped me out when they could have told me to go pound sand.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin support appreciate post [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep definitely call them. Luckily they have that call-back feature if there are no available reps so you don’t have to sit on hold
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin support appreciate post [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@BW_Tri wrote:
Their customer support is phenomenal, but is it a good thing that so many people know how good it is?!?! ;) I have spent countless hours on the phone with them over the years, and more so recently with my Vector V3 pedals. They always do the right thing, but at what point is the amount of time spent on the phone with customer service no longer worth using their products and giving another brand a go?

I have the same story with the Vector 3 pedals. I feel like Garmin is doing everything they can to not blame the Vectors. Unfortunately for Garmin, the only non-Garmin product on my bike is the PowerTap that I'm trying to replace (to put on another bike), so they are only blaming other Garmin products.

The customer service representative didn't take it well when I asked for an employee discount. I'm on my third set of Vector 3 pedals and I haven't had any of them work on a single ride. I've basically spent the entire summer trying to beta test their Vector 3s, and they still don't work. Now my accounts have a ton of garbage data in it. I find it frustrating having to explain to Garmin that no, I'm not putting out 30k-60k Watts. That would mean I'm more powerful than a Smart car.
Last edited by: kajukenbo: Aug 30, 18 8:40
Quote Reply