Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggestions for Training for Heat Acclimation
Quote | Reply
Got a race in a month or so and have done some light googling. So far, seems like getting in a sauna should try and help me with training in heat. Do you guys agree? If so, do i do before/after workout? How long?

Have turned off the fan when on the trainer. But curious your thoughts on other methods.

Thanks!
Last edited by: carosemena: Aug 22, 18 7:23
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for Training for Heat Acclimation [carosemena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carosemena wrote:
Got a race in a month or so and have done some light googling. So far, seems like getting in a sauna should try and help me with training in heat. Do you guys agree? If so, do i do before/after workout? How long?

Have turned off the fan when on the trainer. But curious your thoughts on other methods.

Thanks!

Keeping the fan while on the trainer allows you to do more work and adapt to the demands of your workout.

Sitting in a sauna helps heat acclimation and blood plasma volume.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for Training for Heat Acclimation [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah ok. How long? Before/after workout? Does it matter?
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for Training for Heat Acclimation [carosemena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carosemena wrote:
Ah ok. How long? Before/after workout? Does it matter?

Do a slowtwitch search, there was a thread early this summer that I posted on about exactly this.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for Training for Heat Acclimation [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don’t just spend time on the Sauna , you need to elevate your core temp first by working out

Search function is your friend

Cheers Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for Training for Heat Acclimation [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. I did find something after searching with different words. Appreciate it!

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Training_in_the_heat_P6700061/?search_string=heat%20acclimation#p6700061
Quote Reply