Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Holy crap!! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

BTW, Heck of an "uptick":

Quote:
In 1975, fathers spent an average of 15 minutes a day with their children. By 1995, it was 2 hours. That is an increase of 800 percent. During this same timeframe, fathers’ attendance at the births of their children rose from small numbers to nearly 90 percent.
Last edited by: oldandslow: Aug 15, 18 10:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Holy crap!! [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
JSA wrote:
Congrats! And, good on ya for being present in the delivery room. A lot of guys don't do that anymore. As for your wife, I honestly don't know how the womens do it, but, God bless 'em, because we couldn't handle it!

Is that true? Seems like the opposite is true: years ago the men were the breadwinners and women the moms, the mans job was to have cigars ready when the baby was born but the woman did a lot of the laboring herself or with her mom or nurse. My wife is due in a month and most of my buddies have multiple kids already, every single one has been in the delivery room and I don't know anyone who wasn't there.

Anyway congrats Francois, enjoy the ride! As mentioned above we're expecting our first in a month, I'm a tiny bit terrified of the actual birth but also excited to be a part of it and see it unfold, I'm sure I'll have the same reaction you did.

2 for 2 on mine. But damn, that is some godawful messy business...! I can only image where those hefty bags go to get disposed of *shudder*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Witnessing the birth of your child is amazing. That's all I have to say. I'm tired. But a lot less than my wife.
We welcome a little Romeo in the world.

Congrats!

Without a doubt, watching each my three boys being born will always be THE most amazing events in my life. More amazing than watching my wife in her wedding dress walking down the aisle to marry me (she's good with that and understands).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations.

Best feeling in the world being there when your kids are born.

When my twins were born I missed the second one as we were told it would be about 5 minutes between babies and the second cametwo minutes later while I was over by the heat lamp helping clean the first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats!

I saw both my kids. And both came via c-section.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats. I found the first to be a horrific experience. Second time wasn't as bad.

Neither time the wife had time to get the epidural so that sucked. Having witnessed one I can assure you that au natural episiotomies are not fun.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Holy crap!! [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Congratulations!

BTW, Heck of an "uptick":

Quote:

In 1975, fathers spent an average of 15 minutes a day with their children. By 1995, it was 2 hours. That is an increase of 800 percent. During this same timeframe, fathers’ attendance at the births of their children rose from small numbers to nearly 90 percent.
Thank you, I figured it had to be something like that wrt birth attendance by fathers. I remember reading Ted Williams' biography and it mentioning that he wasn't at the hospital for any of his kids births and that he was actually on fishing trips for two of them and didn't cut the trips short. At the time it was remarkable to me - what a terrible father, doesn't he care about his wife or his new child??? But in reading more about the the role of the father back then - this was the 40's and 50's - it's not at all surprising that he left the birthing and early days to his wife and mother-in-law and he was ready and willing to discipline the kids when they were old enough.

Nowadays if you show up to the hospital the day your wife and new child are released you'd practically be put in jail for neglect, and I don't necessarily disagree, I think the birth and few days after are very important for you as a family and a couple.
Quote Reply
Re: Holy crap!! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When suddenly your life is totally different. What an incredible last 56hrs or so. Didn't sleep at all. He pooped on my hand. Peed in my hair.
Cried. Smiled. Ate. Slept. And now is home with mommy, and they're both doing great. What an incredible experience, making everything else
so unimportant.

Last edited by: Francois: Aug 17, 18 14:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
When suddenly your life is totally different. What an incredible last 56hrs or so. Didn't sleep at all. He pooped on my hand. Peed in my hair.
Cried. Smiled. Ate. Slept. And now is home with mommy, and they're both doing great. What an incredible experience, making everything else
so unimportant.
I think your post has potential as birth control if young, impressionable, people who don’t realize what having a baby is really like read it ;)

All the same, congratulations, that is a special day that (years) in the future I can’t wait to experience!

(:
Quote Reply
Re: Holy crap!! [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And that barely describes it. The 9mo leading to it are intense. No way a guy would put up with all the crap a woman goes through during pregnancy. I was in the room the whole time. I cut the umbilical cord. Saw the little man take his first breath. He is so tiny (relatively to other babies not really). It's scary to hold him at first. So incredible to suddenly have this life tied to yours FOREVER, no matter what.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Congratulations!!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
And that barely describes it. The 9mo leading to it are intense. No way a guy would put up with all the crap a woman goes through during pregnancy. I was in the room the whole time. I cut the umbilical cord. Saw the little man take his first breath. He is so tiny (relatively to other babies not really). It's scary to hold him at first. So incredible to suddenly have this life tied to yours FOREVER, no matter what.

My grandson is a month old now. I love watching my son with him. I remember holding my son for the first time. Cherish these moments, my son is 27 and it only seemed like yesterday I was holding him.

Congratulations to you and your wife.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Holy crap!! [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly today is the anniversary of my dad's passing 4 years ago, so he won't see me interacting with my son.
Luckily my siblings had kids of their own sooner and they live in France so he met nearly all the grand children.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tres bien et felicitations, Francois.

Indeed - that moment of holding a new born child, your own child, yourn own flesh and blood,in your arms for the first time in the delivery room, may be the most powerful, potent and emotional experience you get to feel in life - I know it was for me!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
congratulations! he is beautiful.
Quote Reply

Prev Next