Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Car Jihad Outside Parliament Again? (London, UK)
Quote | Reply
A man in his late 20s plowed a silver Ford Fiesta into pedestrians and cyclists outside the British Parliament building in central London, the UK, this morning in an act strongly reminiscent of other motor vehicle attacks on pedestrians that have been tied back to radical Islamic terrorists acting either on orders of terror groups or who were inspired by such organizations.

Police and British counter-terror officials are calling it an act of terror on the part of the driver, whose name and description have so far not be released by police, who arrested him after his crash into a physical barrier outside the building. Parliament has been the site of previous similar vehicle-based terror acts, including in 2017. In this case, the vehicle's path was finally stopped by that anti-terror barrier, which had been put into place after the 2017 attack.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Car Jihad Outside Parliament Again? (London, UK) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Ford Fiesta? WTF?

So nobody was injured I assume?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Car Jihad Outside Parliament Again? (London, UK) [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
A Ford Fiesta? WTF?

Okay, that is a funny comment! According to the news this morning you are correct, no fatalities. Some injuries, but no fatalities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might as well have used a Daewoo.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
A Ford Fiesta? WTF?

Apparently the wheel will be fine, just needs some truing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Maybe the driver.

Last edited by: Sanuk: Aug 14, 18 8:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
A Ford Fiesta? WTF?

Yeah, as soon as I read it was a Ford Fiesta that was used as this gentleman's weapon of choice I pretty much figured the vehicle would come out of it worse than the people he hit using it.

Last edited by: big kahuna: Aug 14, 18 13:39
Quote Reply
Re: Car Jihad Outside Parliament Again? (London, UK) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shocker, I know: ;-)

"The Sudanese-born immigrant accused of bringing terror to Westminster came to Britain five years ago and had lost his father and brother and failed his university course in the months before he used his Ford Fiesta to plough into crowds, MailOnline can reveal today.

Salih Khater, 29, has been described as a quiet loner who spent much of his time listening to pop music, smoking shisha and surfing online at an internet cafe below his old flat in the Sparkhill area of Birmingham.

Khater had also been studying accountancy at Coventry University but dropped out and left in May, while friends said he had also wanted to be a pharmacist but failed that course at a Birmingham college because his English was poor.

Most recently he moved to a council block in April, which is just ten minutes from the former home of Khalid Masood, whose murderous rampage 17 months ago appears to have inspired Khater's own carborne attack yesterday."

Perfect lone wolf jihadi material, in other words.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/aug/15/thirty-men-charged-sexually-abusing-girls-west-yorkshire
Quote Reply
Re: Car Jihad Outside Parliament Again? (London, UK) [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/aug/15/thirty-men-charged-sexually-abusing-girls-west-yorkshire

I know all about the grooming gangs in Rotherham and elsewhere. "Asian men," indeed.

Quote Reply