Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: weird YouTube obsessions [travelgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelgirl wrote:
Dr Pimple Popper?! She now has her own show on TLC!
mv2005 wrote:
Ok I think I might take the lead on weirdo obsessions, but watching people having blackheads extracted or to a lesser extent, blocked ears cleaned, I find bizarrely hypnotic. I'm rooting for that little extraction tool to get every last bit out and find it so satisfying when that last big clump comes out. Yeah baby!

i can watch the gnarliest surgery stuff, but that extraction stuff skeeves me to the bone.
Quote Reply
Re: weird YouTube obsessions [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
One of my life goals is to hike the AT.

I've had a similar goal but when I lived in Vancouver, that switched to the Pacific Coast Trail. Now that I'm back in the East, I've been watching more of the AT thru hikers. I'd love to do it with my dog (lots of pros and cons) but for the most part, you can do it.

Have your read "A Walk in the Woods?"

One of mine also (I love "A Walk in the Woods" - Bryson is such an entertaining writer). A kid who works in our office started at Katahdin last spring with a buddy when they both finished college, made it as far as Virginia where the buddy got waylaid by a parasite and spent a week in a local hospital. Their plan is to back at some point and pick up where they left off to finish it.

As far as weird YT stuff, I tend to find some good older concert videos (early Clash, U2, Pretenders etc)

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: weird YouTube obsessions [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Probably not that weird but I've been on a Joe Rogan kick lately, watching highlights from his podcast.

As Roagn would say "Highlights are for pussies" Make the time to watch the whole thing

Kevin Smith & Joe Rogan crying about their dead dogs was golden; awkward, but golden

ThisIsIt wrote:
Guests talking about interesting stuff, reminds me of Howard Stern but not as funny.

Stern was never funny, not to me anyway

I've seen [not in order, I'm sure]

Kevin Smith, above
Both Henry Rollins
Danica
Bryan Fogel
Courtney Dauwalter

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: weird YouTube obsessions [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've gotten a kick out of watching Doug Demuro's car reviews. They are usually 15-25 minutes and go over the details and quirks of vehicles with a bit or dry humor before a quick drive review. Cars range from some mint condition 90s cars (just watched one on an Eclipse) to modern day super cars like the Bugatti Chiron. The more entertaining ones are the "bad" vehicles like the Hummer H2. Worth a watch if you are a car nut.
Quote Reply
Re: weird YouTube obsessions [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Probably not that weird but I've been on a Joe Rogan kick lately, watching highlights from his podcast.

As Roagn would say "Highlights are for pussies" Make the time to watch the whole thing

Yeah, you've got to invest to get the return. Sometimes I find myself wading through seemingly hours of dross until something really cool happens, then the payoff is fantastic.

As a side note, I watch Total War: Warhammer 2 battles on YouTube. I don't own the game, I have no intention of owning the game, I'm not even much of a gamer anymore, yet I find myself drawn to watching a couple of youtubers battle it out over approx 10 mins for nothing more than bragging rights.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have a spare 7 hours to kill, here's a scenic train ride from Bergen to Oslo (Norway): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xisVS_DKpJg

I sometimes leave this running in the background or a 2nd screen in my office. The announcements and bells are mesmerizing, and I love when they go through the tunnels!

@Kid
Quote Reply
Re: weird YouTube obsessions [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and if you can't get enough, here's a series of videos on the Trondheim-Bodo line in 4 different seasons:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Saalbahnhof/videos

@Kid
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got sucked into a bunch of videos the other day from a guy who does, among other things, videos that break down famous rock/pop songs. He tears them apart to explain why they work so well, focusing on the individual musical phrases, techniques, etc. He'll go through the whole song isolating the different recording tracks so you can hear exactly where the drums match into the keyboards, or the vocals harmonize with the bass line, or whatever. Pretty interesting.

If I'm going to go down a rabbit-hole on YouTube, it's almost always related to music.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: weird YouTube obsessions [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

Kevin Smith & Joe Rogan crying about their dead dogs was golden; awkward, but golden

ThisIsIt wrote:
Guests talking about interesting stuff, reminds me of Howard Stern but not as funny.

Stern was never funny, not to me anyway

I've seen [not in order, I'm sure]

Kevin Smith, above
Both Henry Rollins
Danica
Bryan Fogel
Courtney Dauwalter

Does YouTube have the whole thing? What seems to pop up are what appear to be excerpts of longer interviews.
Quote Reply
Re: weird YouTube obsessions [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
I got sucked into a bunch of videos the other day from a guy who does, among other things, videos that break down famous rock/pop songs. He tears them apart to explain why they work so well, focusing on the individual musical phrases, techniques, etc. He'll go through the whole song isolating the different recording tracks so you can hear exactly where the drums match into the keyboards, or the vocals harmonize with the bass line, or whatever. Pretty interesting.

If I'm going to go down a rabbit-hole on YouTube, it's almost always related to music.

I tried to watch one of those one time but since I don’t understand music he might as well have been speaking another language.
Quote Reply
Re: weird YouTube obsessions [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
One of my life goals is to hike the AT.

I've had a similar goal but when I lived in Vancouver, that switched to the Pacific Coast Trail. Now that I'm back in the East, I've been watching more of the AT thru hikers. I'd love to do it with my dog (lots of pros and cons) but for the most part, you can do it.

Have your read "A Walk in the Woods?"

Yes I’ve read or listened to most of Bryson’s stuff, always enjoyable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Local talk radio yesterday had a guy on by the name of Brick Dollbanger he has a bunch of videos on YouTube talking about the latest generation of realistic sex dolls.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A year or so ago a tore through every Red Hot Chili Peppers concert I could find from Californication to Stadium Arcadium. Made me remember how good those albums were, and how good John Fruscante is.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply

Prev Next