Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Queen of Soul is in Hospice Care (Update: RIP, Aretha)
Quote | Reply
Aretha Franklin, one of the greatest soul singers -- nay, one of the greatest singers -- of all time is listed in grave condition and has been in hospice care for a week.

"In February 2017, Franklin announced she was retiring from touring and would be spending time with her family and working on a few projects. A few months later, Franklin performed at the Detroit Music Weekend, where she gave a moving, celebratory concert while appearing frail in health. She ended by telling the crowd, “God bless you, God keep you. Keep me in your prayers.”"

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Aug 16, 18 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: The Queen of Soul is in Hospice Care [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nobody could belt out a R&B tune like her. This is probably my all time favorite Aretha song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waS0rKeuzg8
Quote Reply
Re: The Queen of Soul is in Hospice Care [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Nobody could belt out a R&B tune like her. This is probably my all time favorite Aretha song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waS0rKeuzg8

You weren't considered a great R&B or Soul singer until you covered a song that had already been done by Aretha Franklin, that's for sure.

Last edited by: big kahuna: Aug 13, 18 20:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Queen of Soul has died at age 76. She was truly one of the greatest, not only in Motown but around the world. Gospel, Soul, R&B... none of it was hard for her and her list of timeless classics is seemingly endless. RIP, Aretha Franklin. :-(

Quote Reply