Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So leader of opposition in UK goes to
Quote | Reply
Ceremony commemorating Munich terrorist.....

This is him not participating......

https://www.theguardian.com/...ssacre-wreath-laying

We are so fucked if this is the best we've got
Quote Reply
Re: So leader of opposition in UK goes to [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Ceremony commemorating Munich terrorist.....

This is him not participating......

https://www.theguardian.com/...ssacre-wreath-laying

We are so fucked if this is the best we've got

I saw that last week. He's also been caught out on audio basically remarking that Israel doesn't have a right to exist. Classic UK far leftist anti-Semite, at minimum anti-Israel, he seems to be.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: So leader of opposition in UK goes to [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the word you are actually looking for is c@@T....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I think the word you are actually looking for is c@@T....

Hahahahahaha! You say it much better than I ever could. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The excuses seem rather lame. I guess that is an understatement/.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now he claims that while he was merely "present" he did not "participate" in the ceremony to honor some of his favorite Jew-killers.

Unless you count laying a wreath upon their memorial as participating. Which everyone would, because that's called "participating."

It’s also not anti-Semitic, Corbyn and his defenders insist, to criticize Israel — even when using Nazi analogies to do so. Ummmm... what about paying tribute to terrorists who murdered Jewish athletes at the 1972 Olympics in Munich? While holding a wreath?

Really, Corbyn had denied everything until a photo emerged of him holding the wreath in a ceremony at the memorial in Tunis -- with a member of a Palestinian terror group holding the other side... Now how do you talk your way out of that?

Desperate times call for desperate measures when it comes to this latest in a string of Corbyn-fueled anti-Semitic outrages, and so he finally acknowledged he was there, and he held the wreath, but only on behalf of "everyone who's died in every terrorist incident everywhere." By, um, honoring the terrorists? Huh?

Only in Britain, birthplace of word-smithing and the undoubted masters of the English language, such as Chaucer, Shakespeare, Marlowe, Johnson, Benny Hill and so forth.

Below, Jeremy Corbyn laying a wreath at a memorial honoring a terrorist. But it was really honoring VICTIMS of terrorism.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a sad consequence of OMOV and polarization.

there are better options (he isn't the best the left in the UK have) but the members picked a misguided idealist fool. i thought politics in the UK was about winning the votes of the moderates - and if that is the case the fact that Labour did quite well says a lot about the Conservative Party as well. i hope he resigns or gets challenged successfully, but i worry who the members would pick as a replacement.

when i watch the current leaders of both parties from my vantage point in the US they just don't seem as smart as the leaders they replaced. Not even close. Watching May think on her feet is painful. Watching Cameron, Milliband, Blair, William Hague and others of the recent past at things like PMQ was a great exhibition of speed of thought and intelligent wit. Could disagree with their policies and still think they were on another level intellectually - whereas with May i am not even sure what her policies are.
Quote Reply