Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: She cut the course! [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could have made a mistake, but on the first attempt, I counted plates as they stacked them on her.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: She cut the course! [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you’re right on the first attempt. She crumbled when 19 went on. The second attempt it’s hard to tell how many were on when the video started. But it looks like she might have gotten 20. Either way she’s real close so I wonder if it could have been real. Plus she showed up and gave it a go.

This is the first time I have ever heard of wall sits. Looks like a great way to get hurt.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the first time I have ever heard of wall sits. Looks like a great way to get hurt.

I remember doing wall sits in high school gym but I've never seen anyone put weights on their legs while doing it.

I'm not sure what holding 900lbs of weights while doing them actually proves other than being able to hold 900 lbs. while sitting against a wall, which is great, I guess.

Quote Reply
Re: She cut the course! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I remember doing wall sits in high school gym but I've never seen anyone put weights on their legs while doing it.

I'm not sure what holding 900lbs of weights while doing them actually proves other than being able to hold 900 lbs. while sitting against a wall, which is great, I guess.

We did them at football practice against a chain link fence. No idea if that made them harder or easier or the same as a wall.

Stacking a bunch of plates on your thighs just seems like a stupid idea.
Quote Reply
Re: She cut the course! [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

We did them at football practice against a chain link fence. No idea if that made them harder or easier or the same as a wall.

Stacking a bunch of plates on your thighs just seems like a stupid idea.

Stacking them over your knees seems like a waste of time. All the weight is being supported by your tibia, not any muscles. If you wanted to make them harder I could see holding plates, but just stacking them on your knees seems silly.

And as has been said, catching someone cheating at this seems even sillier.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: She cut the course! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

How did you used to do them ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's this guy in my neighbourhood, he reckons he did a sub 19 5km, going 18.34. The course was 4.98km FFS! That's not 5km, that's 200m short. This is fucking bullshit. Sick of people doing this. I know where he works, I'm going to confront this bastard and out him as a cheat. If he tops himself it's not my problem. He should have stated it was 4.98km not 5km. I'm so angry right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

How did you used to do them ?

We just sat up against the wall, back flat against the wall, feet flat and thighs perpendicular to the floor and held it. I can't remember how long but the gym teacher would just tell us to hold it and then we'd go on to another one. It was part of interval training and then move on to things like push-ups, pull-ups, jumping rope etc. It was very good but that was the only time I've ever done it and certainly not with people piling on plates of weights.
Quote Reply
Re: She cut the course! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this much of a feat of strength? If the plates are placed correctly, as the person stated "Keep them straight", the force from weights go directly thru the bones to the floor. If stacked correctly there's little to no muscles involved. The fact the person is "Seated against the wall" has almost no effect at all.

I would tend to file this under the "Cool trick" category more than a feat of strength.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: She cut the course! [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That chick in the pink, skinny jeans and the ponytail on the right can really stack plates!

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next