Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me build.....
Quote | Reply
After years of getting it done on a road bike, i bought the bullet and purchased a dedicated tri-bike. Oldy but a Goldy.... 2005 Cervelo P3-SL - STOCK. Nothing has been done since it came off the assembly line. If i were to spend a few bucks to upgrade, where should i concentrate my funds? I have access to a Dura Ace 7800 complete groupset from my road bike that i could easily move over, but is that worth it VS. stock set up? I have ordered a new saddle and will have to get a new stem. Outside of that i am stuck on what to do next...... Any comments appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me build..... [Edor5505] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The original Vision cockpit is probably a real stinker. There has been a ton of aero performance progress since then. I would upgrade the cockpit.

Another minor and possibly fast upgrade could be a more aero front brake.

After those two, the rest would be the usual stuff you might do to any new, entry-level bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me build..... [Edor5505] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the components should be race worthy. You aren't gaining anything going to 7800 unless there is an actual problem.

The obvious suspects for a P3sl are race wheels, aero brakes and a nice cockpit, along with some intelligent cable management/routing.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply