Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooty must be thinking "what have I done?"
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont know too much about campaign finance law, but it seems like there would be laws against paying people to do nothing (or to be quiet). Especially given the remarks by the administration (her being a dog, a loser, a liar, etc.) it wouldnt make much sense to pay her.
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
We hired a reality show TV star/billionaire to be president, and now we're shocked that such a man would conduct business over at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue like it's a reality show?

Meh, Donny von Drumpf. Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit. What kind of choice was that?

You almost managed it.

Neither of them would have gotten my vote in a million years. His shortcomings are already well-reviewed territory here. She's corrupt and incompetent and has failed upward in a seemingly never-ending series of positions. Her greatest accomplishment was that she happened to marry a future president.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
She never made it
except for getting the WH job part, thanks to guess who

A job she got paid the maximum possible amount she could - $180k annually
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would they offer her yet another job after being fired from the White House? Other than being afraid of what she is going to say of course. And why would they need her to sign yet another NDA if there was already a NDA in place?
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I only hire the best people"

It's up there with some of Trump's other great lines, like "So much winning", "I only use the best words", "I'm like a really smart guy" and "stable genius".

Of course NONE of that is true. You don't have to really know much to understand that it's complete BS, but those lines are not for rational people, common sense people, who think things through and look at the bigger picture. They are meant to go directly to Trump's base, who think he's a great guy doing a great job! For them, if Trump says we are winning . . . we must be winning!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
patentattorney wrote:
Lets also remember that she said that the RNC wanted to pay her 15g a month.

Why in the world would you pay someone 15g a month when they are a loser, horrible person, liar, etc....

And of course there is a tape of that too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/...er-15k-month-n901306
I love the response from Lara Trump that the tape "is a fraud." Hmm. Unless someone impersonated her, How does that work?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And Lara Trump's response to the tape was that she didn't know about what went on at the White House with Omarossa. But she knew exactly how much Omarossa earned. uhuh.

Doesn't she know the real reason Omarossa got fired was because of the neglect of poor Russians orphans and their inability to get adoptions?
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
And Lara Trump's response to the tape was that she didn't know about what went on at the White House with Omarossa. But she knew exactly how much Omarossa earned. uhuh.

Doesn't she know the real reason Omarossa got fired was because of the neglect of poor Russians orphans and their inability to get adoptions?

I’m no Lara Trump defender but federal salaries are public info. Also, salaries are capped for Feds at around 180k (with a few exceptions - Doctors working for the VA as an example). So Lara offering to match the max number isn’t unusual (other than it’s probably a lot lower than her book advance)

Here’s an article from last year with her salary info
https://www.cnn.com/...diversity/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

I’m no Lara Trump defender but federal salaries are public info. Also, salaries are capped for Feds at around 180k (with a few exceptions - Doctors working for the VA as an example). So Lara offering to match the max number isn’t unusual (other than it’s probably a lot lower than her book advance)

Yes, I'm sure she offered the salary out of the goodness of her heart because she was so concerned for Omarossa. And Donald knew nothing about it, just like adoption meetings. Because he would never pay anyone to keep their mouth shut.
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

N
Not all feds salaries are freely available. For example, while you can find that Jeff Sessions made $199,700 last year, you will not find those on the White House staff at the publicly open salary databases.
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For example, while you can find that Jeff Sessions made $199,700 last year

So the Attorney General earns $199,000 and a woman whose only qualification was that she was on the Apprentice earns $180,000?

Okay, nothing more to see here folks, just move right along d'ya hear.
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

Yes, I'm sure she offered the salary out of the goodness of her heart because she was so concerned for Omarossa. And Donald knew nothing about it, just like adoption meetings. Because he would never pay anyone to keep their mouth shut.

I'm sure she was going to get around to checking her references and it was in no way being used to encourage her to stay quiet.

I am really curious what Lara was referencing when she was talking about pulling things out of her back pocket. She knew enough about what happened to know Omarosa had dirt to throw.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
So the Attorney General earns $199,000 and a woman whose only qualification was that she was on the Apprentice earns $180,000?

According to Wikipedia she worked in the office of Vice Pesident Al Gore. Then worked at the Commerce Department.

The job reviews are not glowing, by which I mean they were awful. But she had a White House job before Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

I'm sure she was going to get around to checking her references and it was in no way being used to encourage her to stay quiet.

I am really curious what Lara was referencing when she was talking about pulling things out of her back pocket. She knew enough about what happened to know Omarosa had dirt to throw.

What I thought was interesting is that she said the money would come from small donors. I wonder how they would feel about their money being used to pay off Omarossa?

Oh who am I kidding! The donors wouldn't care if Trump spent the money on crack cocaine and hookers. They would find a way to justify it.
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
j p o wrote:
patentattorney wrote:
Lets also remember that she said that the RNC wanted to pay her 15g a month.

Why in the world would you pay someone 15g a month when they are a loser, horrible person, liar, etc....

And of course there is a tape of that too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/...er-15k-month-n901306
I love the response from Lara Trump that the tape "is a fraud." Hmm. Unless someone impersonated her, How does that work?

Haven’t you learned yet? Call it fake and the Trumpeters will believe it.

It doesn’t matter how true it is. Just call fake news. That’s all they need to hear.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: The continuing saga of "I only hire the best people" - Omarosa edition [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
We hired a reality show TV star/billionaire to be president, and now we're shocked that such a man would conduct business over at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue like it's a reality show?

Meh, Donny von Drumpf. Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit. What kind of choice was that?

You almost managed it.

Neither of them would have gotten my vote in a million years. His shortcomings are already well-reviewed territory here. She's corrupt and incompetent and has failed upward in a seemingly never-ending series of positions. Her greatest accomplishment was that she happened to marry a future president.

Warning! Misdirection deflection straw man logical fallacy mashup!

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next