Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Football is back!
Quote | Reply
 ...at least the preseason type. I'm still excited and looking forward to the real games in September.

My Bills are poised to win... the #1 draft pick this year. Which they will waste on the love-child of Ryan Leaf and The Boz.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Football is back! [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My general observations:

Cleveland Browns: Watched Bakey Football last night. I haven't been THIS certain the Browns have FINALLY found their franchise QB since I watched DeShone Kizer play in the first preseason game last year!

Green Bay Packers: Speaking of DeShone Kizer, that dude is gonna sit for 4 years behind Rodgers, then become the third HOF QB in a row for Green Bay.

NY Football Giants: Saquon Barkley may be the real deal ...

Chicago Bears: The Bears still suck.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watched most of a very uninspiring Pats-REDSKINS game last night. It's abundantly clear that teams are spending less time in full pads with contact, the tackling was atrocious.

As a Pats fan I'm less excited for this season than I've been in a long time...all the off-season rumors, the brutal Malcolm Butler SB situation, a fairly mundane signing and draft season for the team and Brady not spending time in OTA's has me really concerned for this team, they probably have another year or two in them as a top contender but the end is near and I don't think any team (or fanbase) has had a bigger target on their backs than this franchise, when the fall comes it'll be a shitshow for us Pats fans.
Last edited by: Brownie28: Aug 10, 18 8:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
...at least the preseason type. I'm still excited and looking forward to the real games in September.

My Bills are poised to win... the #1 draft pick this year. Which they will waste on the love-child of Ryan Leaf and The Boz.

I think you're overly pessimistic. I doubt the Bills will even finish last in the AFC East. The Jets will suck a lot more!
Quote Reply
Re: Football is back! [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two names you better starting learning to pronounce correctly, son: Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Equanimeous St. Brown. Green Bay Packer wide receivers!

Marquez Valdes-Rosie-Perez-Scantling lit it up last night! Coincidentaly, Equanimeous was nearly what we named our son.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Watched most of a very uninspiring Pats-Chiefs game last night. It's abundantly clear that teams are spending less time in full pads with contact, the tackling was atrocious.

As a Pats fan I'm less excited for this season than I've been in a long time...all the off-season rumors, the brutal Malcolm Butler SB situation, a fairly mundane signing and draft season for the team and Brady not spending time in OTA's has me really concerned for this team, they probably have another year or two in them as a top contender but the end is near and I don't think any team (or fanbase) has had a bigger target on their backs than this franchise, when the fall comes it'll be a shitshow for us Pats fans.

Most curious. I watched the Pats play the Redskins ...
Quote Reply
Re: Football is back! [Brick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brick wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
Watched most of a very uninspiring Pats-Chiefs game last night. It's abundantly clear that teams are spending less time in full pads with contact, the tackling was atrocious.

HA! So that was my problem then....

I'm an idiot.
Quote Reply
Re: Football is back! [Brick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brick wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:

Yep. I watched the same game. Maybe they sent the A team to play elsewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: Football is back! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:

Yep. I watched the same game. Maybe they sent the A team to play elsewhere?
I'd hope that was the case the way they played but that defense was mostly first teamers. We've seen this before, the defense takes time to gel, but after that SB nightmare and what they have for personnel this year I'm not all that optimistic.

Offense will be fine, especially once Edelman gets back from suspension, but the defense could be kinda ugly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for the most part, I don't really care about the pre-season. You can basically see who may get a chance to make the final roster, and who is going to get cut for sure.
There's going to be some competition at RB. Given who was lined in defense, I'm not worried. I'm pretty curious though about how they will handle defense when the season starts. Is Flores calling the shots? Is BB calling the shots?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good friends who I grew up with have a son trying to make the Broncos roster as a WR/Slot receiver. Pretty exciting to have someone close In a camp and Iā€™m already a Broncos fan. Heā€™s getting some good press at camp and heā€™s a really great kid. Looking forward to watching him play tomorrow night against the Vikings.
Quote Reply
Re: Football is back! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Two names you better starting learning to pronounce correctly, son: Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Equanimeous St. Brown. Green Bay Packer wide receivers!

Marquez Valdes-Rosie-Perez-Scantling lit it up last night! Coincidentaly, Equanimeous was nearly what we named our son.

Did they play in the East/West Bowl in college?

Quote Reply
Re: Football is back! [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All damn night, that skit was running through my head!

Quote Reply
Re: Football is back! [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
JSA wrote:

Did they play in the East/West Bowl in college?

You beat me to it!

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just outraged...

The NFL players are at it again - taking a knee when they should be standing proudly for the National Anthem. Numerous players, from different teams, wanted to show their ā€œoutrageā€ at something that most of them are unable to define. They make a fortune doing what they love...........Be happy, be cool! A football game, that fans are paying soooo much money to watch and enjoy, is no place to protest. Most of that money goes to the players anyway. Find another way to protest. Stand proudly for your National Anthem or be Suspended Without Pay!
Quote Reply
Re: Football is back! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I be outraged the NFL (and all other pro sports leagues) continue to tie the game to some kind of self-styled patriotism by playing the National Anthem pre-game?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Juju Smith-Shuster will be the TO we all can love.
Quote Reply
Re: Football is back! [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Can I be outraged the NFL (and all other pro sports leagues) continue to tie the game to some kind of self-styled patriotism by playing the National Anthem pre-game?

Indeed!

Only national events where the US national team is playing should be preceded with the national anthem. Pretty much how it is in the rest of the world.
Quote Reply