Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who wrote one of the most famous comedy routines of all time?
Quote | Reply
https://www.cnn.com/...-of-comedy-playlist/

This is an incomplete video. Haven't seen any of the series, but I remember watching Abbott & Costello reruns and movies as a kid, especially their classic Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein.
Quote Reply
Re: Who wrote one of the most famous comedy routines of all time? [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was great for its time. I still love Pryor and Chase's routine from SNL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9TS1pRmajU

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Who wrote one of the most famous comedy routines of all time? [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eddie Murphy's 'delirious' is probably a contender.

I remember watching that as a younger teen and laughing my ass off. Then watching it again later when I understood more of the adult flavoured jokes and laughing even harder.

Whenever I start of the BBQ and leave the gas going a bit too long before starting I still think to myself "NOW THATS A FIRE!!"

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Who wrote one of the most famous comedy routines of all time? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a shame that the "Chocolate Cake" routine by Bill Cosby has been forever tainted

"I had never SEEN a conniption ..."

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Who wrote one of the most famous comedy routines of all time? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
It's a shame that the "Chocolate Cake" routine by Bill Cosby has been forever tainted

"I had never SEEN a conniption ..."

Whether or not Bill Cosby is tainted, the "Dad is great, he gave us chocolate cake!" or the trip to the dentist routine are some of the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember my dad renting either 8 mm or super 8 movies and the projector from the library, and we'd show them on a boy scout camp out. Abbot and Costello Meets Frankenstein was a regular feature. I also remember regularly watching Skater Dater, a 6-s skateboard short film shot in Palos Verdes and San Pedro, where I grew up.

My dad eventually bought me a super 8 camera so that my friends and I could make our own movies. Our only tools for editing were scissors and tape.
Last edited by: AlanShearer: Aug 13, 18 10:01
Quote Reply
Re: Who wrote one of the most famous comedy routines of all time? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do this as well, whether grilling or with campfires. "Look at Charlie standing there with third-degree burns, eating a ********** frank!" Classic.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply