Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come...
Quote | Reply
Reading a story about a marine who got kicked out for belonging to some Neo-Nazi hate groups, attending the Charlottesville rally, posting some incriminating vile shit on social media, etc.

Seems like even the Alt Right has embraced diversity as the guy appears to have a Hispanic name and is "brown".
Quote Reply
Re: Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Reading a story about a marine who got kicked out for belonging to some Neo-Nazi hate groups, attending the Charlottesville rally, posting some incriminating vile shit on social media, etc.

Seems like even the Alt Right has embraced diversity as the guy appears to have a Hispanic name and is "brown".

Watch this weeks Frontline on PBS- it’s a documentary about a reporter for Pro-publica who witnessed some of the neo-nazis in charlottesville beating people up and wondered why there were so few arrests. He (and others) identify the worst offenders then exposed them. This [former] marine was one of them

Preview https://www.pbs.org/...ille-preview-wbuk3a/
Last edited by: ChiTownJack: Aug 8, 18 18:01
Quote Reply
Re: Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come... [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

Watch this weeks Frontline on PBS- it’s a documentary about a reporter for Pro-publica who witnessed some of the neo-nazis in charlottesville beating people up and wondered why there were so few arrests. He (and others) identify the worst offenders then exposed them. This [former] marine was one of them

It's not a Left or Right thing. Violent people are violent people.

Here is a "leftist" that assaulted people with a bike lock:

BERKELEY — A former Diablo Valley College professor was arrested Wednesday in connection with the use of a bike lock in the beating of three people during a rally for President Donald Trump last month, police said Thursday.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/...-as-assault-suspect/

We are well past the time to ditch the Left/Right dogma bullshit. "Politics" is only an excuse for the behavior.

Yes, I can be a dick sometimes but I bet we all have more in common than differences.

Become part of the "militant middle".

"Du or Du not-there is no Tri" - Yoda
Quote Reply
Re: Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come... [timberwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know what's wrong with society these days? I'll tell you what's wrong with society: No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
You know what's wrong with society these days? I'll tell you what's wrong with society: No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore. ;-)

The militant germophobes have ruined everything!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come... [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

The militant germophobes have ruined everything!

Nah it was the alt-militant vegans! All uppity against cannibalism.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still do! Nothing ever tasted so sweet.

big kahuna wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come... [timberwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timberwolf wrote:

Violence will not be tolerated.

At the same time, I want to see the right get a freaking backbone and stand up against their supporters from hate groups. I'm instead hearing a lot of whining about why bigots get barred from speaking roles or barred from their "freedom".

If we're about it, be about it. Put the guy in jail from the Trump rally that hit someone with a chain, and send the FBI after all these recently emboldened hate groups and ban the conspiracy theorists and white nationalists from their FB/Twitter/Television/Radio platforms. Some did get banned the other day.

Good example just the other day from Laura Ingraham on Fox, lamenting the good ole days of white America.

If decency was what we're after, someone would have yanked her off the air mid-show and fired her.
Quote Reply
Re: Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come... [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:

At the same time, I want to see the right get a freaking backbone and stand up against their supporters from hate groups. I'm instead hearing a lot of whining about why bigots get barred from speaking roles or barred from their "freedom".

It's a game we play. The other side's extreme are the mainstream of that group. Antifa is the inevitable end-result of the the left. Neo-nazis are what the right wants. But our extreme? I have no idea who those guys are! Why are you even asking *me* about them? So uncivil. Lone wolves with mental health problems! Better to just ignore them. You're giving them what they want just by talking about them. They're you're fault. You'll get four more years if you keep talking about them!
Last edited by: trail: Aug 9, 18 7:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timberwolf wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

BERKELEY — A former Diablo Valley College professor was arrested Wednesday in connection with the use of a bike lock in the beating of three people during a rally for President Donald Trump last month, police said Thursday.

We are well past the time to ditch the Left/Right dogma bullshit. "Politics" is only an excuse for the behavior.

Yes, I can be a dick sometimes but I bet we all have more in common than differences.

So, someone links to a ProPublica report in which it is wondered why so few documented assaulters (not mentioning left or right, by the way) are charged with anything, indicates that this Marine was one of the assaulters, and your response is to link to an article in which a supposedly anti-Trump person is arrested for assault?

If you are going to go with whataboutism, at least *try* to find a comparable case.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come... [Go Pound Sand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Pound Sand wrote:

big kahuna wrote:

So, is there a way to prep the skull prior to drinking from it or is that even a problem? Like, do you have to seal up any holes, such as sinus cavity and spinal cord openings and the like? If so, what works best, epoxy resin or some sort of pool liner-like material? ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come... [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
timberwolf wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

So, someone links to a ProPublica report in which it is wondered why so few documented assaulters (not mentioning left or right, by the way) are charged with anything, indicates that this Marine was one of the assaulters, and your response is to link to an article in which a supposedly anti-Trump person is arrested for assault?

If you are going to go with whataboutism, at least *try* to find a comparable case.

I was attempting to make a point that violence is not exclusive to one “side” or the other. I was not trying to point fingers at “the other side” or go with “whataboutism”.

Apparently I failed at that attempt.

The Trump presidency has been and will continue to be a cash cow for the media. All forms of it. We all have a choice to play into that or not.

Anitfa. Proud Boys. All money in the bank, baby!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timberwolf wrote:
klehner wrote:
timberwolf wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

I was attempting to make a point that violence is not exclusive to one “side” or the other. I was not trying to point fingers at “the other side” or go with “whataboutism”.

The Trump presidency has been and will continue to be a cash cow for the media. All forms of it. We all have a choice to play into that or not.

Well why? I don't think the posts had anything to do with saying the right had some exclusive hold on extremism violence. Certainly wasn't my point. It was about white supremacists or at least their ilk apparently including folks who don't appear to be white, which is kind of interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come... [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
timberwolf wrote:

If we're about it, be about it. Put the guy in jail from the Trump rally that hit someone with a chain, and send the FBI after all these recently emboldened hate groups and ban the conspiracy theorists and white nationalists from their FB/Twitter/Television/Radio platforms. Some did get banned the other day.

Good example just the other day from Laura Ingraham on Fox, lamenting the good ole days of white America.

If decency was what we're after, someone would have yanked her off the air mid-show and fired her.

We must silence those who disagree with us in the name of “tolerance”

Quote Reply
Re: Well I guess that's a sign of how far we've come... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
timberwolf wrote:
klehner wrote:
timberwolf wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

Well why? I don't think the posts had anything to do with saying the right had some exclusive hold on extremism violence. Certainly wasn't my point. It was about white supremacists or at least their ilk apparently including folks who don't appear to be white, which is kind of interesting.

Perhaps I read too much into the original post.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timberwolf wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
timberwolf wrote:

I get nervous whenever I hear anyone saying that, for the good of all of us, we need to silence this or that voice. Ummmmm... NO. Not in a million years.

More speech, not less, any day of the week and twice on Sunday, and I don't particularly care what the speech is, including its ideological slant. And that's a stand over which I'd gladly pick up my weapon again and then defend until the bloody last.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
timberwolf wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
timberwolf wrote:

I get nervous whenever I hear anyone saying that, for the good of all of us, we need to silence this or that voice. Ummmmm... NO. Not in a million years.

More speech, not less, any day of the week and twice on Sunday, and I don't particularly care what the speech is, including its ideological slant. And that's a stand over which I'd gladly pick up my weapon again and then defend until the bloody last.

Freedom is scary. Other people’s freedom is even scarier. Best to give it all up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Go Pound Sand wrote:

big kahuna wrote:

So, is there a way to prep the skull prior to drinking from it or is that even a problem? Like, do you have to seal up any holes, such as sinus cavity and spinal cord openings and the like? If so, what works best, epoxy resin or some sort of pool liner-like material? ;-)

Eh, too much trouble. I'd just settle for the sweet-sounding lamentations of their women, music to my ears...
Quote Reply