Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My P2C 1X Build
Quote | Reply
Been working on this for the past few months as I've had time. Not really racing much as I'm not running, but doing a few relays here and there and wanted a cheap fast TT bike for these events (after selling my old P2C a few years back). Very happy with the way it turned out and all-in have less than $1200 in it (including $415 for the wheelset). Also tried Plasti Dip for the first time on the frameset, cockpit, bottle cages, and chainring which worked out really well.
  • 58 P2C Frameset (FR was ripped off, so I patched frame and painted)
  • Carbon Speed Cycle Chinese carbon clinchers 80/60
  • Rival crankset w/SRAM 52t chainring (Plastidipped black)
  • Stages Rival PM (from my CX bike)
  • Rival 1X RD w/Shimano Ultegra 12 - 28 (11spd)
  • Shimano PRO Missile cockpit
  • TRP RL970 Carbon Levers
  • SRAM R2C SL-1150 Shifter (rear only)
  • Tektro R741C Brake Calipers
  • Torhans BentoX
  • Fizik Mistica saddle

Last edited by: sailnfast: Aug 7, 18 13:58
Quote Reply
Re: My P2C 1X Build [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the fit like for the BentoX on that top tube? As in width of the box relative to the tube and fit on the round surface?
Quote Reply
Re: My P2C 1X Build [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it fits really well...maybe 2 - 3mm wider than the top tube, but not really noticeable. Just had to make the bosses, which wasn't too difficult thanks to TriRig's video.
Quote Reply
Re: My P2C 1X Build [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
May be a dumb question but about how much weight do you suppose you added with plastic dip? I repurposed a p2c with a tri rig alpha front end and was surprised about how light it was after being done. I did 2x10 though.

I dig your bikes look.

I also did the diy bosses in the top tube and used a torhan bentox... Fits very well.
Quote Reply
Re: My P2C 1X Build [Danwelchdpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Maybe a few ounces, I haven’t even used a full can yet and everything has 6+ coats. I wouldn’t think it’s much more than a good spray paint job.
Quote Reply