Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gatorade bottles at bike aid stations
Quote | Reply
What type of gatorade bottles are typically handed out at aid stations on the bike course? In the few triathlons I've done, the bottles have been the 24 oz type with the sport top cap which fit (somewhat loosely) in a bottle cage. I did Calgary 70.3 this past weekend and was surprised to find the gatorade bottles they were handing out were the smaller 20 oz type with no cap. This would be great if I had a refillable BTA bottle, but I don't. When the volunteer handed me a bottle with no cap I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I just took a couple big swigs and tossed it before I was out of the drop zone.

Just curious what bottles are typical when Gatorade is the on-course hydration.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade bottles at bike aid stations [latetotherace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe these were the bottles I received on the bike course at CdA 70.3 this June:

https://www.amazon.com/Gatorade-Endurance-Formula-Ready-Orange/dp/B007CN7WEU
Last edited by: Mongo: Jul 31, 18 12:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
latetotherace wrote:
What type of gatorade bottles are typically handed out at aid stations on the bike course? In the few triathlons I've done, the bottles have been the 24 oz type with the sport top cap which fit (somewhat loosely) in a bottle cage. I did Calgary 70.3 this past weekend and was surprised to find the gatorade bottles they were handing out were the smaller 20 oz type with no cap. This would be great if I had a refillable BTA bottle, but I don't. When the volunteer handed me a bottle with no cap I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I just took a couple big swigs and tossed it before I was out of the drop zone.

Just curious what bottles are typical when Gatorade is the on-course hydration.

Thanks.

That is why is use a refillable bottle

Never know what you can get
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a rubber string attached to my bottle holders such that I can carry any size of bottle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was pretty surprised with the bike course bottles (both gatorade and water) they were handing out at Calgary too. Both were regular twist cap, luckily I was lazy and opted to use a regular cage. Switched nutrition bottle to BTA and then just left the open water bottle on the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade bottles at bike aid stations [Mongo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that was the type I was expecting. Instead we just got a bottle with no cap.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade bottles at bike aid stations [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It wasn’t so much how it fit in the bottle cage that was the issue. It was the fact the the bottle had no cap. I was worried that every little bump I went over would have Gatorade splashing all over my legs. But maybe it wouldn’t have been that bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always get the tall, skinny sport bottles. They fit super loosely in my BTA bottle cage, but I never had much of an issue.
Quote Reply