Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 520 lists a ride but summary says invalid?
Quote | Reply
Normally wouldn’t care but would like to take a look at power file for Whistler As I was saving the ride on the walk home I think the battery died. This morning after charging shows the ride total in the list but when I load it it says “invalid” and all the metrics are zeros.

Any way to recover?
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jul 30, 18 12:22
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 520 lists a ride but summary says invalid? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it show up in your garmin connect account online? If so, click the gear and export original.
Can you plug it in to your computer via USB and find the FIT files on there?

Try to get the fit file and put it into golden cheetah. Then, you can see the big table with all the data. Find where it borks and delete those rows. Save and load back into your data analysis package of choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 520 lists a ride but summary says invalid? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's most likely gone. This has happened to me. The 520 died as it was saving the data. The totals are a different file than the rides, so it updates them in series, with the totals first. You had enough juice to update and save that file but not the file you need. It most likely just doesn't exist.

If you open the 520 in file explorer you can look for the fit file and see what it says. It's just a text file in a strange format. Whatever you do, don't let windows file explorer fix the "problems" on the "removable drive" as the 520 will be seen as. That will pretty much brick the 520.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 520 lists a ride but summary says invalid? [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It's weird, it loads to GC, but then I can't link to Training Peaks or import to Garmin. At least I have some data.
Quote Reply