Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will compete in at least one event per month, be it road race, triathlon, swim meet, bike ride/race. I have no goals as far as times this year--just to get back out there after a bad 2005.
Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To stop eating fast food so damn much
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, imagine if we actually did all this shit. We'd all be totally lame but super fast.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy cr@p, you're reading my mind. More water, less sugar, more bike. One more thing, start making daily entries in my journal again. Helps me keep track of the water, sugar, bike :-)
Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [Ted McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shame on you for smoking.

Nice swim workout, though.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh believe me i regret it. but... i'll be fine. I'll work it off in the pool

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run only when recovered...even if it means missing a run. I need an injury free 2006.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer 'goals' to 'resolutions' but I think they're kind of the same thing.

-Listen to and follow what my coach says, and stop "training to train" and "train to race" instead. His words, I think there's a lot of value in that, but it requires me to be less obsessive-compulsive, and that's hard for me.

-Get 8hrs of sleep every night.

-Nourish my body instead of just eating: defined as more fruits and veggies of various colors and more variety (I'm one of those people who eats the same thing, almost every day). [she writes while eating a bowl of ice cream...)

-Stretch after every workout (I do this most of the time, but not all) and in the evening

-Break 3:30 for my spring marathon and finish my first half IM in August

-Not take running (and everything else in life) for granted.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Train consistently

2) Outside

3) Incorporate yoga into my training
Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [Adventuress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1-do more yoga
2-put more miles on the bike in the first two months than I did all of last year.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I prefer 'goals' to 'resolutions' but I think they're kind of the same thing.

-Listen to and follow what my coach says, and stop "training to train" and "train to race" instead. His words, I think there's a lot of value in that, but it requires me to be less obsessive-compulsive, and that's hard for me.

-Get 8hrs of sleep every night.

-Nourish my body instead of just eating: defined as more fruits and veggies of various colors and more variety (I'm one of those people who eats the same thing, almost every day). [she writes while eating a bowl of ice cream...)

-Stretch after every workout (I do this most of the time, but not all) and in the evening

-Break 3:30 for my spring marathon and finish my first half IM in August

-Not take running (and everything else in life) for granted.
You amaze me daily...you have much more wisdom at 18 than a lot of people I know twice your age. Never stop learning and never stop listening to your body.

Quote | Reply
thanks, you're sweet to say that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
less slowtwitch(but post more), more training and not spending all my money on tri gear but save a little so i can go to school again( i probably start with that after i bought a powermeter,blackwell fork + 100 wheel :) ).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smoke less crack on the big hills.

Huff less propane before I swim.

Stop abusing eye drops.

Eat a teaspoon full of petroleum jelly every day.

Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now, THERE'S the Matt we all know and love

Does this start before or after the Club swim in the 30 degree depths Lake Erie on Sunday?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, you know it's almost January and I'm starting to get my game face back on.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Commit to doing more repeatable, specific, and consistent training than last year. No junk.

Increase annual hours by 100

Go sub 10 at Placid

Swim well consistenly, not just at some races

http://www.mountainmettle.com
Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
135 pounds by first race date (143 now)

No gear grinding! None, nunca, nada, zip, zilch, zero

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [Spindogg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#1 Be the best dad I can be! Baby girl due middle of May. First child and it has taken a while to get here.

#2 Be the best husband I can be!

#3 Get back into training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been a sloth since my last tri in october. I have gained more weight than my pregnant wife.

many other things could go on the list, but this is a good start...Josh
Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree with you...

Faith... Stretching... Running...

The basics of life!
Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [Football Mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday as I was swimming. Tigerchick is a very cool and smart gal for 18!!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SCHWINGDING weighs only 143!!!!!!!!! WOW, I pictured you to be a big dude! LOL!!

My goals/resolutions...

1.- to put the nursing program before anything else including TRAINING and MEAT! :(

2.- to realize triathlon doesn't define me, it's only a small part of who I am and it's ok to miss a day of training.

3.- continue to work on my nutrition DAILY!

4.- spend more time with my dog, he turns 7 in March.

5.- live within my means and I'm not going to have a job, so this is going to be tough.

6. - be the best friend that I can to my friends and family!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-related?
- Do nothing longer than a sprint in 2006.
- Forget how to swim for at least half of the year (so it'll be super fun relearning it ha!)
- To maybe put my bike back together in the first half of 2006 (it's still in pieces in the basement from unpacking post-IMWA).
- Run like a madwoman, 6 days a week.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: OK - I'll start it - and to keep it on topic...What is your tri related New Years Resolution going to be for 06? [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One word- CONSISTENCY!

Jacob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. eat less sugar

2. get more sleep

3. rediscover my core workouts, stretching, and strength work again - PREVENT INJURIES!

4. save more money so when great tri opportunities/races come up, I can take advantage

"God does not play dice with the universe." - Albert Einstein
Quote Reply

Prev Next