Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Shoe fit and power transfer
Quote | Reply
Ok I have done a little searching and have found some decent comments but thought I might drag up some new responses.

I've been doing tri's since late 02 and started with the Shimano TR01's. I wear a size 44. Anyway about a year or so ago I decided to get another pair of shoes and figured I would get the TR02's (silver). However without doing any research I figured I would get them one size bigger (45's) as they would be my new IM race shoe and I thought comfort wise it would be better to give my feet room to swell a bit.

However experience has led me to believe I am losing power during the transfer to the pedals from the feet moving about (you can actually feel a faint bit of movement). In hindsight I think I made the wrong decision and should have gone with a 44 and possibly even a more adjustable shoe.

Has anyone ever come across any article/research, or have some more thoughts, about measurable time penalties a bigger shoe could have over say 1/2 and full IM?

Thanks in advance

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shoe fit and power transfer [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about any articles- but I did have a bad experience due to a too tight a shoe on my left foot. This drove me nuts in IM Canada this year, and during the bike I had to dismount at Cawston, put my butt on the extremely hot asphalt and remove my socks. Time lost- about 2 minutes. Never bothered me before, and I had plenty of training rides that were very long and very hot. Of course, this is typical for IM racing- expect the unexpected.
Quote Reply