Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TdF Stage 13: A sprinter stage with all the sprinters tossed from the race!
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow's stage starts in Bourg d'Oisans at the bottom of Alpe d"Huez and largely goes downhill to Grenoble (with a slight climb to Vizille) and then more rolling downhill to Valence. This should be a sprinter stage, but there are no sprinters left, meaning no sprinter teams motivated to chase breakaways and with the GC teams wanting to take a break after three hellish days in the mountains, I am calling "breakaway"....who will be the 2018 Jacky Durand?

Tomorrow is an easier day before some medium tough stages Sat and Sun moving across to the Pyranees.

Sorry for being so "late" in the day (EDT) putting up the next day's stage. Work has been super busy and been working every nite trying to catch up on the day's stage at the same time and then finally finishing work and realizing that I have not yet put up "tomorrow's stage". Weekend should be much better!!!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jul 19, 18 20:40
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 13: A sprinter stage with all the sprinters tossed from the race! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan cause why the hell not? Unless he’s torched from today.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 13: A sprinter stage with all the sprinters tossed from the race! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap, you are making me want to watch when I really have work to do and am behind after last three days.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand Gaviria, griepel, cav are gone yeh? Groenwagon? Sagan aside is there ANY sprinters left?
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 13: A sprinter stage with all the sprinters tossed from the race! [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe Demare. My guess is Sagan makes the big early break and the GC teams could care less if they get 20 minutes. If this happens my bet is someone pulls a "Valgren" while everyone else watches Sagan.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 13: A sprinter stage with all the sprinters tossed from the race! [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colbrelli is a dark house for a stage win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
I understand Gaviria, griepel, cav are gone yeh? Groenwagon? Sagan aside is there ANY sprinters left?
Left are Sagan, Demare, Kristoff, Colbrelli and Degenkolb. It'll be a cake walk for Sagan. Big disappointment to see so many sprinters out. Maybe a break away will stick.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 13: A sprinter stage with all the sprinters tossed from the race! [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
IamSpartacus wrote:

Left are Sagan, Demare, Kristoff, Colbrelli and Degenkolb. It'll be a cake walk for Sagan. Big disappointment to see so many sprinters out. Maybe a break away will stick.

It would be nice if Degenkolb can take it either from the break of field sprint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Kristoff will be the man if the stage ends in a sprint. Sagan second to him with Demare in 3rd. Big question whether those teams will have the horses to chase down the break.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With that last little climb i'm definitely thinking it will be breakaway stage. Might be Sagan in the breakaway though because i don't see any team willing to do a lot of chasing at this point and he'll want to get the points.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 13: A sprinter stage with all the sprinters tossed from the race! [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bujayman wrote:
With that last little climb i'm definitely thinking it will be breakaway stage. Might be Sagan in the breakaway though because i don't see any team willing to do a lot of chasing at this point and he'll want to get the points.

This is my thought. All the GC teams want an easier day today after a couple hard days in the Alps. Not a lot sprinter teams left to work on pulling back the break for a sprint. My vote is for either the break to stay away all day, or someone goes on attack on that last climb and stays away to the end.

--
I ride Felt.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 13: A sprinter stage with all the sprinters tossed from the race! [coredump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coredump wrote:
bujayman wrote:

This is my thought. All the GC teams want an easier day today after a couple hard days in the Alps. Not a lot sprinter teams left to work on pulling back the break for a sprint. My vote is for either the break to stay away all day, or someone goes on attack on that last climb and stays away to the end.

Damn, no breakaway, but always happy for another Sagan win. This stage seemed like one of the best chances for Damare. Bummer Degenkolb could not get another one. Looks to me like Damare went too early:

Chapeau to Sagan:

Now that I have emerged from under the work week pile, I can engage in 24x7 Tour De France viewing with a few breaks to swim, use the rowing machine lift weights and fantacize about riding in France again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you see my prediction? Just barely missing out calling the top 3 in perfect order! Tomorrow a break will win, with Gilbert, Van A and possibly Valverde in it...

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Looks to me like Damare went too early:

Agreed, and Sagan went too late. If there were more sprinters still in the field he might not have been able to pull it off. I say that as a Sagan fan, too.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 13: A sprinter stage with all the sprinters tossed from the race! [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Agreed, and Sagan went too late. If there were more sprinters still in the field he might not have been able to pull it off. I say that as a Sagan fan, too.

Weird to see FDJ doing the lead out but there aren't a lot of sprinter teams left...but once his last man pulled off Demare had to go from where he did. I was surprised that Sagan was on Kristoff's wheel instead of Demare knowing Demare likely launches first. Kristoff was in prime position...but Kudos to Sagan for getting it done. Sagan moved left and opened up his sprint immediately after Kristoff started his, so he didn't get much of a sling shot off of Kristoff...it was just one more bike length he had to make up.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 13: A sprinter stage with all the sprinters tossed from the race! [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Weird to see FDJ doing the lead out but there aren't a lot of sprinter teams left...but once his last man pulled off Demare had to go from where he did. I was surprised that Sagan was on Kristoff's wheel instead of Demare knowing Demare likely launches first. Kristoff was in prime position...but Kudos to Sagan for getting it done. Sagan moved left and opened up his sprint immediately after Kristoff started his, so he didn't get much of a sling shot off of Kristoff...it was just one more bike length he had to make up.

Agreed, with 4 more of the guys who were eliminated on time cut in the mountains during this stage Sagan's timing would have not gotten him the win. The Paris Champs sprint should be interesting. Probably no need to worry about guys going into giant coke cans at the finish line.

Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 13: A sprinter stage with all the sprinters tossed from the race! [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
Did you see my prediction? Just barely missing out calling the top 3 in perfect order! Tomorrow a break will win, with Gilbert, Van A and possibly Valverde in it...

Well you nailed the podium!
Quote Reply