Login required to post replies

Interesting move MGM
Quote | Reply
https://www.ctvnews.ca/...ued-by-mgm-1.4016898

This should work out well for them.
Quote Reply
Re: Interesting move MGM [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see the problem. Do you disagree that the victims, who had the audacity of being shot right next to their hotel, have devalued their brand?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Interesting move MGM [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I don't see the problem. Do you disagree that the victims, who had the audacity of being shot right next to their hotel, have devalued their brand?

Why not mail the victims a "See you soon" card with a $100 poker chip included?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We actually ant MGM to "win" this, or rather have them found not liable. If they are found liable for the actions of their guests, and a series of wrongful death lawsuits entail, get prepared for metal detectors, pat-downs, and baggage inspections at check-in. oh and those "do not disturb" signs, forget about it, maids and security will probably do twice a day room checks.
Quote Reply
Re: Interesting move MGM [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tfleeger wrote:
We actually ant MGM to "win" this, or rather have them found not liable. If they are found liable for the actions of their guests, and a series of wrongful death lawsuits entail, get prepared for metal detectors, pat-downs, and baggage inspections at check-in. oh and those "do not disturb" signs, forget about it, maids and security will probably do twice a day room checks.

exactly
Quote Reply
Re: Interesting move MGM [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
tfleeger wrote:

exactly

Or fix the gun laws. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
Or fix the gun laws. ;)

Now that's just crazy talk.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of that don't shoot people law.
Quote Reply
Re: Interesting move MGM [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tfleeger wrote:
I could not agree more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
knewbike wrote:
tfleeger wrote:

exactly

Or fix the gun laws. ;)

Yeah if only it was illegal to shoot people...

This lawsuit isn't about getting money from the victims families, it is about avoiding liability as the victim families have already sued MGM. I don't see how MGM is responsible for a madman gunning people down, but of course people will always go after deep pockets.
Quote Reply
Re: Interesting move MGM [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A-A-Ron wrote:
M~ wrote:
knewbike wrote:
tfleeger wrote:

exactly

Or fix the gun laws. ;)

This lawsuit isn't about getting money from the victims families, it is about avoiding liability as the victim families have already sued MGM. I don't see how MGM is responsible for a madman gunning people down, but of course people will always go after deep pockets.

On a serious note, I don't see how MGM could be seen as negligent in this circumstance either unless there are details about the shooter we aren't privy to. I am also not a creative lawyer. Guess we will see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
A-A-Ron wrote:
M~ wrote:
knewbike wrote:
tfleeger wrote:

exactly

Or fix the gun laws. ;)

On a serious note, I don't see how MGM could be seen as negligent in this circumstance either unless there are details about the shooter we aren't privy to. I am also not a creative lawyer. Guess we will see.

I'm sure they will attempt to make the case that MGM could have prevented it. Windows that couldn't be broken out. Not having the bellhops deliver tons of weapons and ammo to his room. Faster response by security, etc. With the emotional aspect this is probably not a case that MGM wants to see go to a jury.
Quote Reply