Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are you going to be left out in the cold... again!
Quote | Reply
by my rough calc, about $40,000 worth of stuff got sold at deep discounts over the last couple of weeks to you folks. and, when i say "you" i mean those of you who signed up for our circ drive. what "you" found out was that signing up meant getting a windfall of opportunity into your inbox.

by so doing, "you" recognized that "you" may receive an email from a brand. say, powertap. or xterra wetsuits. and that if you got that email and you don't want a future email from that company, you're going to need to scroll to the bottom of that email and click "unsubscribe".

many of "you" found that saving $200, or $400, on a product you've been looking for worth having to face the possibility of having to click that link.

and, i feel your pain, and to those who were disjointed here is your next chance. Do you see SLOWTWITCH CIRC DRIVE! to the right of the page? or, just below if you're on a handheld?

this week and next, you're going to have some of the same opportunities presented, and some new opportunities. but only if you sign up. there will be some threads popping up here, with folks talking about the deals they scored. and some of you are going to be kicking yourselves (and writing me nasty love notes). still, forewarned is forearmed, is it not!

this circ drive is for profile design and VASA. if you sign up, you'll become part of their communities, receiving their emails. no one else's. (well, except slowtwitch's, which you're probably on anyway).

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Are you going to be left out in the cold... again! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan,

Do you know if any of these deals will be available outside the US?
Just so I don't get my hopes up ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Are you going to be left out in the cold... again! [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Dan,

yeah, we'll have some deals for europeans. but not for the irish. no deals for them!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Are you going to be left out in the cold... again! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
Dan,

yeah, we'll have some deals for europeans. but not for the irish. no deals for them!

Awww, you're mean. We're europeans too. Pick on the British, they're the one's who want out! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
Dan,

Awww, you're mean. We're europeans too. Pick on the British, they're the one's who want out! ;)

the irish. known for fightin', feedin' and f...

...never mind.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
and, i feel your pain, and to those who were disjointed here is your next chance. Do you see SLOWTWITCH CIRC DRIVE! to the right of the page? or, just below if you're on a handheld?

Interestingly, NO I do not currently see "slowtwitch circ drive" anywhere on the page. Currently, it just says "SLOWTWITCH NEWSLETTER" (along with the entry field and the "subscribe" button), immediately below the "hot forum topics" drop down.

I entered the last round (powertap, et al). Do we need to enter for this next round, also? Or does our prior entry (2018, not 2017) transfer over?
Quote Reply
Re: Are you going to be left out in the cold... again! [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Interestingly, NO I do not currently see "slowtwitch circ drive" anywhere on the page. Currently, it just says "SLOWTWITCH NEWSLETTER" (along with the entry field and the "subscribe" button), immediately below the "hot forum topics" drop down.

I entered the last round (powertap, et al). Do we need to enter for this next round, also? Or does our prior entry (2018, not 2017) transfer over?

here's where it is on my computer.

yes, you need to enter the NEW circ drive. realize the point here. every website you go to wants your email. you're probably prompted, often with some aggravating page takeover you have to click to get rid of, for your email address. this is the way companies want to talk to you.

so, that's what we're doing. you entered the first circ drive. great. and thank you. is it okay if i take your email address from that circ drive and give it to VASA? my guess is, no. so, how do i get you to give VASA your email address? and profile design? i bribe you. i make it so compelling for you to give me (and in so doing them) your email that you'll sign up.

so, yeah, you have to sign up AGAIN. but, this doesn't mean if you sign up for our newsletter, and for 2 of our circ drives, that you'll get any more emails from us than you would anyway. for our OWN emails to you, we merge-purge your emails into one big list. so, the only way you'll get 3 of our weekly newsletters if if you create 3 discrete email addresses every time you sign up for a promotion of ours.

just, THIS week we'll be sending emails to those ONLY on this circ drive, with fat discounts and giveaways.

if you do this, and you don't want to get 3 newsletters, then just unsubscribe from 2 of them.

does that explain it? and, are there any more questions about this you or any of you have?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Jul 16, 18 8:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for doing this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:
Dan,

the irish. known for fightin', feedin' and f...

...never mind.

Depends what circles you move in....

......also known for literature, science, and re-introducing "civilisation" to the west after the fall of Rome (although that last one is going back a bit!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries, Dan---I don't mind entering my email again. Just confirming that I need to do so. Mostly because I don't currently see the link required---which wouldn't matter if I didn't need to enter, but does because I do.

I'd post a screenshot if I could...but, I can't do that from work. I have the "slowtwitch newsletter" entry box in the same location that your screenshot shows the "slowtwitch circ drive" entry box. For reference, I DID get the "red" circ drive entry box on the last round.

I'm running IE 11.0.9600 with updates to 11.0.56.

I assume that I specifically need to use the "circ drive" data entry not the regular newsletter entry box. If the regular one will work, I'll just use that. Otherwise, I'll try again on Chrome when I get home.

NOTE: I just checked the front page (who knew ST had a front page), and it DOES have the circ drive link for me. So, I'll use that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
also known for... re-introducing "civilisation" to the west after the fall of Rome.

i attribute your ancestors' ability to withstand barbarian onslaught to their natural orneriness.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Are you going to be left out in the cold... again! [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. About when would we see the email? I've signed up at least 3 times since the "Pedal-based Power Meter Deal" thread, and it do get

When I try again (why "try again" if you're already signed up?), so hopefully that's a good thing, just wondering when the email is to happen...
Quote Reply