Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Bike Split Power Course for IM
Quote | Reply
Wondering if anyone has experience to share with using Best Bike Split as a pacing guide for an IM. Specifically with a Garmin 800/810 is even better. I'm wondering how the fields show you the power to hit and I'm curious if it caused you to focus too much on your device and not enough on racing how you feel.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Split Power Course for IM [cmd111183] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used it as a race predictor but not so much for play by play race execution. If it's a flat course I'll target the NP from the BBS output. For a hilly course what I'm mainly looking for is max watts to push on any incline. Using those as general guidelines I've found it to be amazingly accurate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would highly recommend using it for a couple of training rides.

When i used it for IMAZ a few years back, (i was using a Garmin 500) it was regularly beeping at me "off course" then "course found" a few moments later

There are also times where it would change power goals after a very short period of time.

Basically, the beeping got old ... fast

Having said that, i was within 10 minutes of my BBS time. A large portion of that was related to rain (which had a lot of people riding really sketchy).

I do the same thing as them, just slower
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the cheat sheet that it provides for the course/race one sets up. It is a list of power levels that are appropriate for the terrain/weather (flat- headwind, mod climb -4%, etc.) Having 6 or so numbers to remember is helpful for varied terrain/weather.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply