Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

CA Democratic Senatorial Race
Quote | Reply
The good people of California, and of course the country, are so lucky to have these 2 great choices to choose from the donkeys for Senator:

"The Senate contest pits two contrasting pols: Feinstein ā€” at 85, the oldest member of the Senate ā€” and De LeĆ³n, 51, a former state Senate pro tem and son of a single immigrant mother. She is a centrist long at odds with her state partyā€™s leftist activist grassroots, while he is a progressive who has called for new ā€œbold leadershipā€ from Democrats unafraid of confronting President Trump head-on."

"...de LeĆ³n has gained traction among the partyā€™s far left as the author of the controversial SB54, the California Values Act, also known as the ā€œsanctuary stateā€ law. The legislation, aimed at curtailing the cooperation of local law enforcement with federal immigration officials, was recently largely upheld by a federal judgeā€™s ruling.

De Leon has also called for abolishing the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency and impeaching Trump ā€” a position that is shared by his friend, wealthy Democratic activist Tom Steyer."

https://www.politico.com/...ive-smackdown-722204

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Last edited by: jkca1: Jul 15, 18 8:27
Quote Reply
Re: CA Democratic Senatorial Race [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
A Los Angeles lawmaker leading the fight to make California a so-called ā€œsanctuary stateā€ has suggested half of his family would be deported for using falsified Social Security cards and other fake identification.

Heā€™s admitted to helping cover up identity theft committed by family members...

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/...n-under-trump-order/

Also this....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: CA Democratic Senatorial Race [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The video doesnā€™t matter, because advertising doesnā€™t work in Duffyworld.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this shows why the parties are often so out of touch with their own voters. on the natl level, in 2016, the party never understood the activist left. in california, the activist left state democratic party can't understand the middle. the calif democratic party just endorsed de leon. but feinstein will win in a landslide. jerry brown is the prototypical california (not party hack) democrat.

and, i don't mind 85 year olds running. jerry brown is an 80 year old and i'd vote for him in a minute for president, if he runs in 2020 at 82. but he almost certainly won't run.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasnā€™t there a thread recently about the Left not moving farther left? Just review legislation proposed/supported by De Leon and his stance on ā€˜progressiveā€™ issues and itā€™s game, set, and match. Left leaning moderates will be drowned out by the ā€˜progressivesā€™ (Iā€™m not sure what a progressive is but Iā€™d imagine itā€™s left of left). OTOH, I suppose in CA anyone 1mm to the right of far left is a ā€˜Dem Moderateā€™.

This may actually open the door for GOP fights throughout the state. While Cox likely has no chance at Governor and we will have Newsome (the bastion of morals and ethics) as Governor, the fact that douchebag Villaragiosa didnā€™t make the ticket show Californians arenā€™t having it.

ETA: been reading this morning about HRC 2020. Really??!!
Last edited by: JD21: Jul 15, 18 9:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
The good people of California, and of course the country, are so lucky to have these 2 great choices to choose from the donkeys for Senator:

"The Senate contest pits two contrasting pols: Feinstein ā€” at 85, the oldest member of the Senate ā€” and De LeĆ³n, 51, a former state Senate pro tem and son of a single immigrant mother. She is a centrist long at odds with her state partyā€™s leftist activist grassroots, while he is a progressive who has called for new ā€œbold leadershipā€ from Democrats unafraid of confronting President Trump head-on."

"...de LeĆ³n has gained traction among the partyā€™s far left as the author of the controversial SB54, the California Values Act, also known as the ā€œsanctuary stateā€ law. The legislation, aimed at curtailing the cooperation of local law enforcement with federal immigration officials, was recently largely upheld by a federal judgeā€™s ruling.

De Leon has also called for abolishing the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency and impeaching Trump ā€” a position that is shared by his friend, wealthy Democratic activist Tom Steyer."

https://www.politico.com/...ive-smackdown-722204

De Leon the phony. His born name was Kevin Leon, but like ol' Beto O'Rourke (Robert Francis O'Rourke) in Texas, I'm guessing de Leon has decided the more Spanish-sounding his name is, the better for him when it comes to winning in the fall.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: CA Democratic Senatorial Race [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. Just like Tony Villar aka Antonio Villaraigosa. Hey - is Hollywood, you do what you gotta do.
Quote Reply
Re: CA Democratic Senatorial Race [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Exactly. Just like Tony Villar aka Antonio Villaraigosa. Hey - is Hollywood, you do what you gotta do.

They're actually being cynical, too smart by half and even a bit racist, because believing that having a more-authentic Spanish name is the way to win the support of their voters is, to me, kind of insulting to those voters and it also tells me exactly what guys like O'Rourke, de Leon and Villaraigosa really think of their so-called "people."

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Wasnā€™t there a thread recently about the Left not moving farther left? Just review legislation proposed/supported by De Leon and his stance on ā€˜progressiveā€™ issues and itā€™s game, set, and match.

and if feinstein - who is considerably to the right of de leon - wins, how will we interpret the mood of the democratic electorate?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: CA Democratic Senatorial Race [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Status Quo, I suppose. Iā€™m not so sure she wins in a landslide but better for CA and the Dems if she does.

Re Governor, Brown has done a good job though he has certainly signed some ridiculous laws but on balance, given our legislature, he been a steady hand. Heā€™s a great example of where I hope the Dem party remains but one very skeptical. Not sure what happens with Newsome.

For the record, I donā€™t even know what the Republican party is or stands for or is aspiring to become. ā€˜Theyā€™ arenā€™t even occupying the WH as far as Iā€™m concerned. Or maybe they are. I canā€™t tell any longer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Status Quo, I suppose. Iā€™m not so sure she wins in a landslide but better for CA and the Dems if she does.

Re Governor, Brown has done a good job though he has certainly signed some ridiculous laws but on balance, given our legislature, he been a steady hand. Heā€™s a great example of where I hope the Dem party remains but one very skeptical. Not sure what happens with Newsome.

For the record, I donā€™t even know what the Republican party is or stands for or is aspiring to become. ā€˜Theyā€™ arenā€™t even occupying the WH as far as Iā€™m concerned. Or maybe they are. I canā€™t tell any longer.

i think you have it right. in fact, wacky lefty, commie california turns out to be, on balance, a center-left state, to the chagrin of the state's much more lefty democratic party leaders. but both their voters and most of their candidates just won't cooperate.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply