Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Restaurant owner jerk [globetrotterjon] - UPDATE [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a little bit of sweet justice. Saw in the Washington Post today that Ray's the Steaks will be closing its doors forever on the 15th of June. Per the Post's restaurant critic (to paraphrase), many readers found Ray's surly service of late to be off putting and otherwise detracting from what could be a nice dining experience. I am sure Michael Landrum will chalk this up to anything other than him, but seems the chickens (or cows?) may have come home to roost.
Quote Reply
Re: Restaurant owner jerk [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Setting aside the illiteracy of your two previous posts

You don't think calling out shit customer service in public is valid?

I think the term for describing ones experience with a service provider is "review," and they're fairly common on the internet machine. Some of them happen to be bad. I'm not sure why this is a sensitive issue.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Restaurant owner jerk [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm reading the Yelp reviews and, yeah, sounds par for the course. That he would harangue an elderly couple in that fashion suggests more than just a gimmicky Soup Nazi type schtick. The guy sounds chemically unbalanced. I'm currently reading a long harassing text message he sent a customer, unsolicited. Good lord.

This guy's likely to get himself hurt. Eventually, he'll piss off the wrong guy.

Quote Reply
Re: Restaurant owner jerk [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
globetrotterjon wrote:

.....While, I'm not going to use this as a forum to trash the place by name, I am sure those of you in the DC area are likely familiar with the place and the "charismatic" owner who also owns a number of spin off restaurants - classics and a burger joint - bearing a similar name. It's a real shame - it probably IS the best steak in DC. I just can't bear to put any more of my money in this jerk's pocket.

Sounds almost too crazy. So crazy I would normally think there would have to be another side of the story, but will take it at face value. The guy sounds like a nut-job.

That's what Yelp, Google, etc, review sites are for. To out crappy service. Copy/paste what you wrote above on all the major review sites. He will see them, if he cares, and is free to respond to them.

Eventually it will catch up to him. I'm sure he's already feeling the pain of other bad reviews, he may not realize that his pocket book is indeed being hit by people not returning or deciding to pass it up altogether.
Quote Reply
Re: Restaurant owner jerk [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
One problem with calling out bad customer service over the internet is that it can have a disproportional impact on the business, where a minor, one time, slight gets blown out of proportion. This is more likely to happen in those rare cases where the incident goes viral, as opposed to someplace like Yelp where bad reviews are balanced with good reviews.

Anecdotally, this tends to happen, from what I've seen go viral, when a low level dipshit employee disrespects someone worthy of respect (not serving police officers, veterans, kicks out breastfeeding moms, etc.) and the internet goes fucking bananas with boycott fever, before ever hearing a word from the owner or considering that it wasn't consistent with business policy or practices. Most reviews are self evidently reliable, or sensational malicious crap, and it's pretty easy to get a good picture of what's really going on when looking at the average five and one star review. This guy's place has one star reviews for one particular and consistent reason: his shitty attitude and abusive behavior. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to put him on blast here, on Yelp or Google reviews, or anywhere. It'd be my project during cigar hour, to post as many as possible.

Quote Reply

Prev Next