Sigh.
Quote Reply
Re: Froome blocked from Tour!!! Sky going to court! [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I shouldn't be giving Brailsford ideas!
Quote Reply
Re: Froome blocked from Tour!!! Sky going to court! [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Money talks, as usual. This now opens the door for *everyone* to puff (or inject) as much as they like. Duuude...it was a kidney problem. I'm just a part of a part of a drop in the bucket - but I'm boycotting the tour this year. Love it, but gotta leave it be.
Quote Reply
Re: Froome blocked from Tour!!! Sky going to court! [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good on you. I wish I was that strong ha!

What really rubs me the wrong way is seeing other pro athletes liking* Froomes tweet about being cleared on twitter. If you truly stand for clean sport, I don’t know how you can support this decision. Soo Brownlee and some of the other pro Brit’s lose some respect in my book.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: Froome blocked from Tour!!! Sky going to court! [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The French are gonna give Froome a golden shower that would make Trump squirm.
Quote Reply
Re: Froome blocked from Tour!!! Sky going to court! [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
The French are gonna give Froome a golden shower that would make Trump squirm.

That would just turn a white Sky Jersey into a Yellow Jesey!!!

OK. so now the rest of the peloton has a Giro deep fried, mentally de focused Froome to run over like a dirty rug. If they can't beat him now they only deserve to be pummelled by the Skybots. This is about as vulnerable a Froome as they will get to beat up on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
If you truly stand for clean sport, I don’t know how you can support this decision

Guilty until proved innocent...And even then

Now, I'm not saying Froome is any cleaner than any other cyclist in the peloton. But he has the right to be judged equally with any other cyclist who has yet to return a positive test from a doping control.

If you truly stand for clean sport, which sport should you support? It might just be that my local tiddlywinks club is the only drug free sport in my neighbourhood.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Jul 2, 18 22:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mungub50 wrote:
Good on you. I wish I was that strong ha!

What really rubs me the wrong way is seeing other pro athletes liking* Froomes tweet about being cleared on twitter. If you truly stand for clean sport, I don’t know how you can support this decision.

There is no clean, professional sport. WADA and its national agencies are a sham and have always been corrupt. A few scapegoats, mostly small fry athletes, get dropped in the grease so sport can pretend it's doing something. A few high profile cases are used for public relations. It's like police locking up low level street corner dealers with the occasional kingpin bust so politicians can crow about the progress their laws are making; meanwhile all the police know you can go to the same street corner and make a buy at any time of the day.

This decision really takes the biscuit, though. It basically boils down to saying, "We cannot recreate the ludicrous claims Froome says caused his positive, so we'll just throw out the result; but the claims are so out of the realm of possibility that poorer and less famous athletes shouldn't think we'll accept the same fairy tale from them."
Quote Reply
Re: Froome blocked from Tour!!! Sky going to court! [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Quote Reply

Prev Next