Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone have experience with Everysight (virtual reality) Cycling Glasses?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the Everysight glasses?
https://everysight.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with Everysight (virtual reality) Cycling Glasses? [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up a pair about 4-6 weeks ago. I haven't had the time to play with them as much as I would like but here are some initial impressions. I'm familiar with these kinds of displays, having used a Recon Jet (RIP), Google Glass, and a wide variety of other head-mounted displays at work over the last few decades.

I like the display in general - even in strong sunlight (or as strong as it gets in Seattle :-) ) and using the default brightness and text size, displayed text and other user interface elements were easy for me to see / read. I was able to switch between paying attention to displayed data and paying attention to the surrounding physical environment quickly and with little to no perceived effort or strain, a pleasant surprise for aging eyes.

The standard types of user interactions (voice and taps / swipes on the touch pad) are more or less the same as they were for Google Glass. I didn't try voice control while in traffic; it seemed to work OK on a quite street. I've always found Glass' tap and swipe interface a bit awkward and error prone unless I use it a lot and trying to do it while moving on a bike probably takes more practice to do well than I've given it. I got the additional physical controller that I haven't mounted yet but I expect that will work better.

There wasn't as much material in the user manual as I would have liked, which lengthened the setup and configuration time. Adding feeds for various sensors (power, cadence, speed, etc.) would probably be less awkward if done with the bike on a trainer instead of outside while riding.

One of the features I would like to see added is the ability to integrate and display data from Garmin's rear radar unit.

Similar in spirit to various distracted driving studies that have been done in driving simulators, it would an interesting comparison to see if there was any meaningful difference in any measures of spatial situational awareness between wearers of a device like this and users of a regular bike computer.
Last edited by: chrisesposito: Jun 26, 18 16:19
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with Everysight (virtual reality) Cycling Glasses? [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with Everysight (virtual reality) Cycling Glasses? [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair that I received back in April and I immediately sold my Bolt after the first ride. It took me a bit to get used to the swiping and taps but its very natural now. The voice control works pretty good but you also need to learn those actual commands properly or it wont obviously work. I do not have the bar mounted controller which would help in the rain or very humid /sweaty days as its hard to swipe the arm when wet. The mapping and routes in the lens is awesome and much better then my bolt was. I did my initial set up with all my sensors while on the trainer which really helped and there are very good video tutorials on their website that on set up and use. They have fantastic customer support - I send facebook messages to them and always get a detailed response with all the help and answers with a pretty quick response time. I love the still & video aspect but they do increase the battery drain as does playing music. The fact that I never have to take my eyes off the road again is well worth it to me!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with Everysight (virtual reality) Cycling Glasses? [Gregman1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback!
Quote Reply