Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OH THE HUMANITY!!! 9,000 bourbon barrels involved in warehouse collapse at Bardstown, KY distillery [Go Pound Sand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Pound Sand wrote:
You might be looking at this all wrong, now they can have a scratch and dent sale.

Well, you are close. I am resurrecting this thread because they did what I expected - they salvaged some barrels and are selling them as "limited edition."

Now, read the description (i.e., the pitch) below. "A portion of the proceeds will be given back to the Distillery to support their restoration." Huh??? Um ... ALL the proceeds will be given back to the distillery! They are the ones who get the money from sales!

Also - "It's your turn to be the hero." WHAT??? Hero? By over-paying for a rail-level bourbon from a distillery who fucked up and dumped their entire warehouse? Really?

During the months of June and July of 2018 the Barton 1792 Distillery suffered a “falling down”through no fault of their own. Owning the oldest fully- operating Distillery in Bardstown Kentucky operating since 1879, their brand honors the birthplace of American Whiskey. This history made the collapsing of their warehouse which held 18,000 barrels that much more of a tragedy. Like every great hero, they are building from the ashes and through months of painstaking processes, they were able to unearth and salvage limited batches of bourbon from the wreckage. In an effort to assist in the rebuilding of their warehouse Sip Whiskey hand picked one of the barrels and named it The Collapsed Barrel. We are now giving you the opportunity to pay it forward and purchase a bottle of this limited edition. A portion of the proceeds will be given back to the Distillery to support their restoration. Aged 8.5 years and combining a bold smoky taste in perfect harmony with sweet notes of caramel and vanilla, you will get equal pleasure in receiving as you will with giving. It’s your turn to be the hero.

https://sipwhiskey.com/...2lkIjogIkhqa1FkZCJ9#

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: OH THE HUMANITY!!! 9,000 bourbon barrels involved in warehouse collapse at Bardstown, KY distillery [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Go Pound Sand wrote:
You might be looking at this all wrong, now they can have a scratch and dent sale.

Well, you are close. I am resurrecting this thread because they did what I expected - they salvaged some barrels and are selling them as "limited edition."

Now, read the description (i.e., the pitch) below. "A portion of the proceeds will be given back to the Distillery to support their restoration." Huh??? Um ... ALL the proceeds will be given back to the distillery! They are the ones who get the money from sales!

Also - "It's your turn to be the hero." WHAT??? Hero? By over-paying for a rail-level bourbon from a distillery who fucked up and dumped their entire warehouse? Really?

During the months of June and July of 2018 the Barton 1792 Distillery suffered a “falling down”through no fault of their own. Owning the oldest fully- operating Distillery in Bardstown Kentucky operating since 1879, their brand honors the birthplace of American Whiskey. This history made the collapsing of their warehouse which held 18,000 barrels that much more of a tragedy. Like every great hero, they are building from the ashes and through months of painstaking processes, they were able to unearth and salvage limited batches of bourbon from the wreckage. In an effort to assist in the rebuilding of their warehouse Sip Whiskey hand picked one of the barrels and named it The Collapsed Barrel. We are now giving you the opportunity to pay it forward and purchase a bottle of this limited edition. A portion of the proceeds will be given back to the Distillery to support their restoration. Aged 8.5 years and combining a bold smoky taste in perfect harmony with sweet notes of caramel and vanilla, you will get equal pleasure in receiving as you will with giving. It’s your turn to be the hero.

https://sipwhiskey.com/...2lkIjogIkhqa1FkZCJ9#

So how many bottles are you buying?
Quote Reply
Re: OH THE HUMANITY!!! 9,000 bourbon barrels involved in warehouse collapse at Bardstown, KY distillery [Go Pound Sand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Pound Sand wrote:
So how many bottles are you buying?

None. I am out of room as it is. I don't have the space to add kitchie bottles.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: OH THE HUMANITY!!! 9,000 bourbon barrels involved in warehouse collapse at Bardstown, KY distillery [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll pass, too. Yet, it is not priced terribly. Around $50 is a just a touch over what I think I would pay for the 1792 "standard" Full Proof, of which I have an open bottle in my cabinet. It is a decent whiskey, but it sits in that funny $40ish price point. Lots of better bourbon for a bit more and lots of better bourbon for a bit less.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have an abundance of Eagle Rare at about $30/bottle in these parts. I'll take a pass as well.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like Sip Whiskey bought the barrel, and is now selling the whiskey and giving a portion of the money to the distillery.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply

Prev Next