Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Because it's in the Bible [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
I think a wall would help a lot as long as you don't care what's on the other side of it. I'm not sure we're capable of that though.

Would a wall help a lot? Something like only 40% of all illegal immigrants cross the southern boarder on foot. Even then a wall would only stop a fraction of those. Some would just go to being smuggled across the boarder check points. Some would switch to crossing on boats along the coast. Some would cross on land where no wall could be built. Some would cross where someone blows a hole in the wall or tunnels underneath it. So an over optimistic estimate is less reducing the flow by less than 20%, probably closer to 10%. All of that for 30 billion and hundreds of millions a year in maintenance. That seems like a bad use of money.

Let alone the cost the huge environmental cost. The problems with treaties with mexico about the flood plains. Taking people's private land to build the wall and using it for construction sites. The private land that will be owned by US persons on the other side of the wall.

It just seems like a huge waste to make a small dent in the problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Because it's in the Bible [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:

But I agree with you that Trump is all over the place on this and it's not a good look. It seems clear to me that he wants a secure border but has no idea what the best way is to accomplish that.

It’s almost as if you’ve voted in a complete buffoon who has no idea what the hell he’s doing...

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply

Prev Next