Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who's in the market for a stand up paddleboard? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely in the market as well, and would be interested in a ST discount if there is one in the future. Would love an inflatable, but just something I haven't been able to 'budget in' to be honest on top of the rest of the toys.

If anyone else has an Xterra or similar inflatable, how is the performance of these compared to say a hard all-around SUP? Would be using it for fitness and general messing around on rivers and lakes. Would probably go w one of their 'touring' boards, the 12'6" model.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to give a big shout out to Slowman and Xterra Boards - my (well my kids really) new Texas sized SUP arrived this week.

I thought it would be appropriate to give an unboxing review and to give a first look review of this board in way of saying thanks.
First my family's history with SUPs so you know what I am comparing with. We own four (4) solid/non-inflatable SUPs ranging in size from eight (8) feet suitable for 120lbs rider up to twelve (12) feet 250lbs rider - all paddleboarding done on inland TX lakes.

So, onto the Xterra Board - well once Glynn Turquand (owner of Xterra) saw I was from TX (well at least that's where I've lived the last 15 years) he reached out and offered to send me the Limited Edition TX Lone Star paddleboard, well I couldn't turn that down, and I think goes to show a certain level of customer interaction that you don't see all the time.

The package comes nicely presented and once unboxed fits nicely into the accompanying backpack. I'm not sure how far I would want to hike with everything in the bag but it certainly makes it easy to carry from the house to the car to the lake/pond.

It is easy to pump up and really did take less than 5 minutes to go from "Flacid" to "Hard" - we did discover that you do need to make sure that you get it pumped up all the way to 12-15lbs as those last few lbs do make a difference in how stiff the board is on the water. If you don't pump it up all the way you get a little movement within the board, but pumped up to 15lbs this board was every bit as stiff as any solid SUP - this is on a dead flat pond so I can't talk to how it surfs waves off Maui.

This model of the board comes with two (2) permanently attached small fins and a removable large center fin, resulting in a straight a true line that seemed good for cruising.

Once pumped up this board is definitely easier to move around than our other boards as it is quite light and easy to carry, my thirteen (13) year old daughter could easily move the board around.

Thank you again to Slowtwitch and to Xterra Boards - we will be rocking this board out on Lake LBJ, TX.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's in the market for a stand up paddleboard? [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought I had posted pics to go to with my previous post but apparently they didn't upload.

Quote Reply
Re: Who's in the market for a stand up paddleboard? [Zissou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been SUPing for about 10 years. Mostly just surf on them now since I got back into triathlon again. Great for building leg and core strength especially in rough water.

It’s my fall and winter sport, before the serious training starts.

https://trigeek1969.blogspot.ca
Last edited by: novaboy: Aug 27, 18 14:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SUP is on the list, but further down. I first need to get some powertap power pedals ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just moved to a small town on the shores of Lake Huron and will be looking to get 3 within the next few months. I'm looking at the different models now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought 2 iSUP this year for me and the wifey...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought a Body Glove Performer 11’ last August from Costco for our first SUP.

The family loves it except for fighting over who gets to take it out next.

My next one will probably be a longer, touring/racing model.

The XTerra Boards look sweet!

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: Who's in the market for a stand up paddleboard? [sake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SUP's are becoming very popular now, and the manufacturing process for ISUP's is just getting better and better.
Not only is the manufacturing process getting better but the materials used are making the inflatable boards stronger, and stable.
The solid boards are getting better but the ISUP's are just so easy to bring with you.

I have both types only because the inflatables were not around at the time and to be honest i only really use my inflatable now.

Easy to bring on the boat, in a trunk of a car etc ...

Just my 2 cents.. hope it helps.

https://www.paddlingwaves.com/...addle-board-reviews/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we are :)

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Who's in the market for a stand up paddleboard? [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Longboarder wrote:
Try a Red Paddle Co board; they'll change your mind.
They got a good review here:
https://paddleboardsurf.com/

Yeah Red boards are awesome. I think they are the best inflatable boards out there. Serious quality. The attention to detail goes all the way to their pumps. That dual chamber pump is a beast, inflates the board super quick and the best one I've ever used.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's in the market for a stand up paddleboard? [Woundup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We just ordered three SUPs. Really looked long and hard at the Red Paddle Co. but went with Blackfin at $400 less per board.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next